Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user4AYdPRqisE
Constellation

Samsung s9+ wont connect usb to car radio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went from a s8+ to a s9+ and while the s8 worked with usb to car radio I can not get my s9 to connect to radio so i can play the music that I have on my phone on my radio. I can bluetooth it to my radio but I want to use the usb because I find I get better sound quality when using the usb. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung s9+ wont connect usb to car radio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, this is most likely a programming issue with the head unit. Streaming audio via USB only works with some systems. 

89 REPLIES 89
userbHcrHHbrFP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same problem. I have a Nissan Sentra 2015 , I'm just using an auxiliary cable at the moment. 

userTWroDwlp5E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Worked fine on my iPhone before switching to the s9+.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, this is most likely a programming issue with the head unit. Streaming audio via USB only works with some systems. 

userQpPC8rqzfj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same issue and it's not a problem with my head unit, it's the phone. Tried everything, updating my head unit, phone, apps, tried different connection settings, reset my phone, head unit, etc. Super frustrating when you buy a new phone and old features dont work, its like a step back in technology.

Dieselblues
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm this is not a problem with my S8+ or my note 8 or an iPhone x and surprised Samsung hasn't fixed this  BMW claims they have been trying to with Samsung but no solution yet  

userq2M30FIsIa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lazy buck passing. I think I'll just return this phone. It won't do the job, it gets fired.

userVndO4eu3FT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so is there not solution with being able to use my head unit which I just paid $700 for and can not use google map, waze or other apps that are great features?

userOGJnyMLGcR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me as everyone else in this thread. Samsung S9 with Pie update. No USB audio, no bluetooth media audio. All other phones working fine in my VW. Please push an update to fix this.

userlyNoqtclMq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moved from iPhone 7+ to S10+ - Same freaking problem. My friend and I got a deal from Verizon; we can't connect with USB with toyota and bmw. Meh !!!

The problem with BMW is - there is a bigger screen and with bluetooth the image of song doesn't show up. It looks so bad, so we thought to use USB but even that doesn't work at all.