JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s9+ wont connect usb to car radio

(Topic created on: 9/21/18 9:23 AM)
user4AYdPRqisE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I went from a s8+ to a s9+ and while the s8 worked with usb to car radio I can not get my s9 to connect to radio so i can play the music that I have on my phone on my radio. I can bluetooth it to my radio but I want to use the usb because I find I get better sound quality when using the usb. 

95 Replies
usera5yQlqTGmD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

If it's the car manufacturer's fault, why do I have the same problem with my DAC. Is it Schitt's fault too?

0 Likes
useroAvVv9VEDk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I’m having the same problem trying to connect my new s9+ via USB to my Clarion receiver. Works fine with my old iPhone 7 and my friends s8. I called Samsung support and was told to call Clarion. This is a horrible situation. It’s kind of important to be able to play music......

0 Likes
userIFUXusdViw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

SAMSUNG SUPPORT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, THEY JUST SEARCH PROBLEMS IN SOFTWARE AND READ FROM A PROMPT TO WHAT THE SYSTEM IS TELLING THEM. THE 9'S DO NOT HOOK UP BY USB, THEY CONNECT BY USING A 3.5MM AUX CABLE IN THE HEADPHONE JACK. MY MECHANIC AT WORK FIGURED IT OUT AND FIXED THE PROBLEM! SAMSUNG, GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER AND UPDATE YOUR USER MANUALS!! I ALMOST RETURNED THE PHONE FOR AN IPHONE JUST SO I COULD CONNECT MUSIC TO MY SOUND SYSTEM, YOU ARE LOSING CUTOMERS BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE.

0 Likes
userrQmYvXSp59
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I would just like to add I too am another individual effected by this connection pandemic. I've had my Note 9 since launch (like many of you I too am coming from an iPhone) and my phone refuses to connect to my 2012 Chevorlet Cruze. I've tried everything from changing my USB configuration in Developer Options to resetting the phone entirely. I'm using the Samsung cable that came in my phone box as the connection between my phone and my car yet it changes nothing. This cable has been checked for compatability by connecting via USB to several speakers and computers without failure. The phone does show that it is charging while plugged into the car yet no option to play music. 

To any of the Samsung employees that attempt to reiterate any of the information mentioned previously throughout this currently 6 page thread, yes, I have tried all of these steps even contacting Chevrolet and they say it's on Samsung's end. The moral of this post isn't to shame Samsung, it's more to show awareness to this massive issue in hopes of a future fix.

0 Likes
userIFUXusdViw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

READ MY THREAD ABOVE YOURS, THE 9S DO NOT CONNECT BY USB

userAngJPiTKxS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
to me you appear to be saying the aux connection solves the audio connection but just to be clear I am assuming you still dont get Android Auto GUI on your car's touch screen? because for me both problems are equally egregious!
0 Likes
user8t5hmLEXpn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
https://youtu.be/PgNl051jm2Y
This worked for me
userUNNT1JsIRs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I put my phone in entertainment mode and it worked fine 

usergny6ZV8OaE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

Never mind. 

0 Likes
userG9yxSpES3L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I have the same issue. My galaxy s9 plus won't play any audio through my speakers despite the fact that I can have a Bluetooth call and the sound works just fine that way. 

0 Likes