cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Samsung trade-in program process?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HOw long is the process for them to validate your phone after they receieved the device?.. I sent my trade-in S8+ device and samsung received it on May 2, 2018 and I am scared with all those horrible stories that go bad along the way until they validate that they misdiagnose the device. How long is the usual process in your expereicned?

My device i traded in still has samsung warranty until sept 2018 and the phone is only 9 month old.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung trade-in program process?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpJtZxRfXFIwrote:

no it did not look brand new  .. it had some scuffs and scratches on the side of the phone ..

no cracks on the screen or back of the phone .. besides that .. it was a fairly good phone .

I just received an email saying they approved my trade-in and my phone is technically brand new i put case and screen protector since day one but i did asked the support team what is their definition of beyond normal wear and tear and here is what they say:

Sai Anvesh Pipper, 08 May. 2018, 5:09am
Normal wear and tear may be due to:
• Electrical connector damaged,housing damage.
• Electrical Connector Damaged : The electrical connector was inspected and damage was found on the charging port or charging pins that goes beyond normal wear and tear.
• Has Housing Damage: The phone casing was inspected and a break or crack was found that goes beyond normal wear and tear.
• Cracked Camera Lens : The camera lens was inspected and a crack was found that was beyond normal wear and tear. This includes any cracks and small hairline fissures on the camera.

12 REPLIES 12
userpJtZxRfXFI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4-8 weeks

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpJtZxRfXFIwrote:

4-8 weeks

Some poeple got the email on 3rd week... Did yours got accepted?

userpJtZxRfXFI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes - i traded my s7 edge and got the full $300 trade in on preorder.

it took them 5 weeks

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpJtZxRfXFIwrote:

yes - i traded my s7 edge and got the full $300 trade in on preorder.

it took them 5 weeks

what was the condiiton of your device was it completely looks brand new?

userpJtZxRfXFI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

no it did not look brand new  .. it had some scuffs and scratches on the side of the phone ..

no cracks on the screen or back of the phone .. besides that .. it was a fairly good phone .

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpJtZxRfXFIwrote:

I just received an email saying they approved my trade-in and my phone is technically brand new i put case and screen protector since day one but i did asked the support team what is their definition of beyond normal wear and tear and here is what they say:

Sai Anvesh Pipper, 08 May. 2018, 5:09am
Normal wear and tear may be due to:
• Electrical connector damaged,housing damage.
• Electrical Connector Damaged : The electrical connector was inspected and damage was found on the charging port or charging pins that goes beyond normal wear and tear.
• Has Housing Damage: The phone casing was inspected and a break or crack was found that goes beyond normal wear and tear.
• Cracked Camera Lens : The camera lens was inspected and a crack was found that was beyond normal wear and tear. This includes any cracks and small hairline fissures on the camera.

user5WCba3Cr7a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

received 2 emails saying it did not meet the conditions. I disputed and they sent pictures of someone elses phone with another meid, ser and carrier. Still waiting for a reply 4 weeks. Take good pictures of the phone if you send in. this pricess is pretty bad and agents do not offer/have ability to resolve live

Christina_G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also received an eMail stating that my device's display was damaged or not functioning but it was perfectly fine when I sent it to them.  They attached 2 garbage pictures as proof that were not even pictures of my phone.  I called & they submitted the dispute to the warehouse 2 months ago.  When I called to follow-up a month ago they still had no resolution so they said they would re-esculate the dispute which could take 5 days to one month.  When I called again today I was told they still don't have an answer back from the warehouse & there's no way to follow-up with them.

I was told the warehouse is behind on resolving this dispute because they have a lot of these disputes to look into.  Sounds like they are just screwing over a lot of customers since they added $275 to my payment plan because of the damages phone that I know was NOT damaged when I sent it to them.

userlZoo7xlfug
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you file the dispute? 

@Christina_G wrote:

I also received an eMail stating that my device's display was damaged or not functioning but it was perfectly fine when I sent it to them.  They attached 2 garbage pictures as proof that were not even pictures of my phone.  I called & they submitted the dispute to the warehouse 2 months ago.  When I called to follow-up a month ago they still had no resolution so they said they would re-esculate the dispute which could take 5 days to one month.  When I called again today I was told they still don't have an answer back from the warehouse & there's no way to follow-up with them.

I was told the warehouse is behind on resolving this dispute because they have a lot of these disputes to look into.  Sounds like they are just screwing over a lot of customers since they added $275 to my payment plan because of the damages phone that I know was NOT damaged when I sent it to them.