cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen Burn In

I bought my Samsung S9+ a year and a half ago and the screen is already starting to burn in. So disappointed Samsung. This might be where I switch to ios.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Screen Burn In

Good Afternoon @isabellanigro 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your S9+ display.  Screen burn does occur over time and depending on your usage with the device, it will determine how fast Screen Burn occurs.  It is highly advisable to NEVER keep the display brightness turned all the way to the max for long periods of time.  Maintaining the "adaptive brightness" feature will help medigate the screen burn.  Other methods for screen burn control are: Utilize "Dark Mode",  or Apply "Blue light filter".

If you were to start applying these recommendations to your device it would definitly slow the progression of the screen burn.  Furthermore I would highly recommend that you call 1800SAMSUNG to have them verify your IMEI to confirm warranty status.  

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Okay sounds like you need to get device inspected and repaired . For repair, here is the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. You can get info on where to go to service or contact to ship out the device for service

Highlighted
Astronaut

Try turning on adaptive brightness and turning the screen timeout to 15 to slow the progression of the burn in.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Flagship iPhone screens are actually the same AMOLED screens that can also develop a burn in after a while. It's not a Samsung thing, It's Super AMOLED screens. Yes there is still a burn in issue with them, just how they work, but in return we get better colors, brightness and darker blacks. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for all the advice everyone! I appreciate it. Unfortunately my warranty is expired and I do not have a protection plan. It will be cheaper for me to buy a used iPhone than to pay the repair costs.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @isabellanigro 

And that's fine, the new iPhone SE is actually a pretty sweet deal too, but I just don't understand why anytime someone is having an issue with a Samsung phone, they always say they're getting an iPhone? Why is it so black and white? First of all, there are many other manufacturers that make decent phones. Second, if it's the question of cost, there are so many great used Samsung devices, that unfortunately don't hold their value as long as some iPhones do, but that means you can get a much better phone for the same price.

Of course if you just want an iPhone,  want to try something different in a form of iOS or go back to iOS if you had one in the past, it's all good. I'm just saying if you think you need to get an iPhone to spite Samsung, trust me, they don't care, and you might only disappoint yourself if you're a long time Android user.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Yes! I agree. I am not buying an ios device to spite Android. I agree wirh you that Android is better than Apple..but Apple has one thing Android doesn't have...and that's an ecosystem. Thank you for your reply!