cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZtdhfbIqtA
Constellation

Screen goes black

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm trying to find the setting to make my screen STOP going black / dark when I try to text or type on it.

I'm sure it has something to do with taking phone calls and putting phone to your face the screen goes black but I don't want this to happen when I'm trying to text.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen goes black

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZtdhfbIqtA wrote:

I'm trying to find the setting to make my screen STOP going black / dark when I try to text or type on it.

I'm sure it has something to do with taking phone calls and putting phone to your face the screen goes black but I don't want this to happen when I'm trying to text.

Settings>Display>toggle off "block accidental touches" 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZtdhfbIqtA wrote:

Settings>Display>toggle off "block accidental touches" 

userZtdhfbIqtA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanx

Jae1128
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this phone since it was released and since having the phone I've had this same issue with the screen going dark even when in use. I've contacted Samsung Support who attempted to assist, I've gone to the Sprint Store and then to the Sprint Tech Support Team, to the local Tech Support team which was suggested by Samsung and they even remote into the device and no one could figure out why this was happening. Today I was finally over it because I am  Uber driver and the issue is impacting my job since my screen is going dark in route. But something told me to check the message board and the first issue was the Screen going dark issue and over the entire time of me having the phone NO ONE SUGGESTED Turning off the Accidental Touches. I am going to try my phone and see if this is the fix and if so Thank you in advance. I was about to throw this phone from the roof top. 

userKvrC75i927
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine still does it even with accidental touches off sometimes