cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIIrX8OL0dG
Astronaut

Re: Screen goes dark on phone calls in speakerphone mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, there was a setting on the old galaxy to have the screen stay on while using speaker phone, does the s9 not have the option?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way to keep this on is to go into your screen saver settings and select always, but however it would stay on all the time.

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userQPnpb7Cm5C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So is this a group where everybody just posts their complaints nobody gets any help or what? I have this problem and I'd like it solved. So far all I've seen is the suggestion of using an app and then somebody says it doesn't work on this phone. Come on Samsung!

user8TFNEKsEZt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like Pixel 3XL in my future.  My first Samsung proved my suspicions correct.

Screen goes dark on speakerphone and no correction.

Either "trusted places" doesn't work or the GPS function is somehow messed up, because trusted places won't keep the phone unlocked for fifteen minutes.

The phone has potential but it's not ready for prime time.

user6WbjYMaoQY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just talked with Samsung. Problem solved. Here is the instruction:

Open Settings>>Apps>>Tap on three dots on top right corner>> Select "show system apps">> Scroll down for "phone".

In the phone app, Click on "storage">> Click on "clear data" and "clear cache" memory.

(I see 3 "Phone", so I did this to all of them)

Then

Open settings>> Search for the key word "Reset settings" in search bar>> Tap on "reset settings".

phone will be set to default setting and restart.
(personal data and downloaded apps' settings would not be changed. only phone setting (like ringtone, do not disturb, screen timeout) will be reset

the problem should be gone after restart.

Hope this helps.

user8TFNEKsEZt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went through the elaborate procedures that you said were given by Samsung to remedy this problem .

It made absolutely no difference  

I've decided Samsung has sold a POS .

userO79xMRzVS3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6WbjYMaoQY wrote:

just talked with Samsung. Problem solved. Here is the instruction:**Open Settings>>Apps>>Tap on three dots on top right corner>> Select "show system apps">> Scroll down for "phone".

In the phone app, Click on "storage">> Click on "clear data" and "clear cache" memory.

(I see 3 "Phone", so I did this to all of them) Then

Open settings>> Search for the key word "Reset settings" in search bar>> Tap on "reset settings".

phone will be set to default setting and restart.
(personal data and downloaded apps' settings would not be changed. only phone setting (like ringtone, do not disturb, screen timeout) will be reset the problem should be gone after restart.**Hope this helps.

No that does not help and that is their answer to EVERYTHING. Reset phone. Nope. Not going to do that again.

userQPnpb7Cm5C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this so difficult? I've reset my phone. I did some other nonsense that required shutting off my phone I did that 4 or 5 times. My old S6 did this. Now when I'm actively using the keypad during a call I go to hit a number and the screen goes blank as my finger approaches the screen. I have to sneak upon it so I can hit the button. RIDICULOUS!

userHXwd9KnLIM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did not work for my galaxie j3

userHXwd9KnLIM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not work on my galaxy  j3