cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAdQFVBYrMe
Constellation

Re: Screen goes dark on phone calls in speakerphone mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not an acceptable solution for something that was not an issue before. You need to add the feature back to enable the option to keep screen on while on a call.

Highlighted
userlJswPDclob
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree that this should be fixable in the Settings, and it is a truly annoying "feature". Stupid work-around: While on the call, press the "Recents" virtual button to display your recently opened apps. This will allow your device "Screen timeout" setting to over-ride the short phone timeout non-setting. Muting/unmuting, ending call, etc. will require one extra tap on the screen, but that's simpler (for me) than unlocking the phone with a fingerprint, especially if the phone is on a charging pad.

userZpKzX9iRkh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started to happen on my S7 after I did the recent download of new software. Couldn't find a work around. Had to keep touching part of the screen to keep it from going completely black. Kind of hard to keep an eye on my phone as I am always on bluetooth and doing other things at my desk. I can't keep constantly watching my phone to keep it awake while I'm taking an order. Very frustrating and it seems to be a bug in the lastest software update. I have gone through all the clear cahce, reset, and clear data "fixes" i can find and nothing has changed. Guess the Sumsung guru's need to go back to the drawing board and get a fix out quick. 

userO4VSn5q79s
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is completely ridiculous. I just purchased the Note 9 yesterday and I am already VERY frustrated with this "feature". The screen should stay on during a phone call. I should not have to take an extra step to make this happen.

Samsung - this is embarrassing for you. 

useryAFxdJ7DLd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samung Galaxy Prime 2 phone has the same problem after the latest software update 3 days ago.

It sure is a user unfriendly feature.

Hope Samsung fixes it.

useryVSob4fHbR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought the S9 just 3 weeks back. I have the same issue and I tried everything possible but could not solve this issue. It is so annoying when you are in conference calls where you would mute your phone while others are speaking. I can't turn off the mute immediatley if I want to talk or answer questions. Absolutely delaying the responses and embarassing.

user8TFNEKsEZt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look for KinScreen app in the play store.  It's the only thing I've found that resolves the issue for my Galaxy S9+.

It's a shame that we have to search for an app to make the POS phone work!

Hercules123
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, this started with one of the updates last year. We fully agonized over this in this forum with no resolution. The S7 phone used to "obey" the display time-out setting and then, after an update, it stopped. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Note8QA/page/2/thread-id/981...

Hercules123
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, this started with one of the updates last year. We fully agonized over this in this forum (Screen locks during phone call) with no resolution. The S7 phone used to "obey" the display time-out setting and then, after an update, it stopped. 

userh2V3Zu5xfH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SO if you know it is an issue, what is the solution?  I should not have to install another app.