cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBD92xOrmwW
Constellation

Re: Screen goes dark on phone calls in speakerphone mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Cosmic Ray: KINScreen works great on my S8. Phone had less choice of Samsung settings, so other (search) options not available. App worked to keep screen on in both non & speakerphone settings. I'm not buying a newer Samsung phone in hopes of more settings. I'll visit this site straight away than lost time on a general Google search. THANK YOU 5 stars. Jim
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does Kinscreen have a widget where i can just turn it on for a bit and it auto shuts off? Kinda like my Smart Silent Mode app for sound.  Well, i will look into this. I am tired of the double tap to wake up the speakerphone calls.  takes a total of 3 taps to unmute myself in a group call! haha

I am not sure why people are saying their phone locks.  That is based on the display settings.  for those, mine are on 2 minutes and my phone doesnt lock when i am on calls usually.  Has never done that..the phone app screen just goes dark.  ALso, someone said he didnt like the S9, well get an S10. I love this S10. It is great.  just needs a few minor tweaks.  could use a Samsung keyboard calibration tool!  anyway, i will try this app.

userK64sMG8PyS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why use an app when you could simply remove your screen protector that is likely interfering with your proximity sensor?

Worked for me. 

user8HJRrW8e6y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
S9 is is the worst phone I have ever owned.
userTwFmF6ig6C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happens when I am talking on my phone also.  It is very annoying and when I am leaving a voicemail, I can't get to the end call button to end the call without unlocking my phone.   This problem is enough to make me go back to a  iPhone!

userf3x0dL4w0D
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got my S9 and using it for conference calls where I am on speaker.  Naturally I mute myself until I need to talk.  While pressing the on button brings the screen back, it's annoying and shoudl NOT be necessary.

I really am disappointed though that on a Samsung commmunity, no one bothers to address this.  Obviously, there is no answer other than "it's a feature not a bug" - but come on - at least have the decency to admiot that.

user2XkRqNBTbD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've read through the whole thread and Samsung has still not presented a solution for this incredibly ANNOYING lack of phone functionality.  A black screen is a pain in the !

user6qCBoJv8w7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep Screen On is a fantastic app. Free, no ads, no trail periods, no restrictions, no in-app purchases. I have tried this on Samsung S9 and it works for keeping screen on during speakerphone call as well. You can use this app to keep the screen on during other apps as well.

Once you open the app, click on Setting button at the right bottom, click on "Show System Apps", then scroll down all the way to "System Apps". Find apps named "Phone" (there will be 3) and click on all 3.

@useruVH8bmNj4f wrote:

Use the app "Keep Screen On" from the play store. 

Solves the problem. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.openappinfo.keepscreenon&hl=en_US

useriYgmgXRYi7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Speaker phone is not an app

tobegone
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Keep Screen On by Active Mobile Applications (there's a few in Play Store by same name) worked for me also. Just follow user6qCBoJv8w7's instructions. Wished Samsung had an 'in house' solution😕, but this is next best thing.