cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rollerbeast
Asteroid

Re: Screen keeps turning on during Wireless charging when done charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
"Stay Awake" turned off. Still have the issue with my S8 Plus. Is Samsung Support paying attention? Their only suggestion is to unplug the charger in the middle of the night? This never occurred when charging my S7. It never occurred when charging my first S8 Plus (it got ran over). It occurs every night with my new S8 Plus.
Kleihser
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So...I have had this same problem since the Oreo update as well. I haven't tested this yet, but in Notifications/ advanced notification settings(toggle show system apps)/ system UI, there is a toggle for battery full notifications. If you click on that, further settings allow to disable notifications on lock screen. I hope this works, since apparently do not disturb does not even stop this problem. 

usercL1YFTEnq4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just enabled this myself... we'll see tonight, hope it fixes this issue, as it's driving me freaking crazy!

Why hasn't Samsung fixed this yet?! And seriously, "Wake up in the middle of the night and unplug your phone after it reaches 100%" as a solution? That's absurd.
Rollerbeast
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE : Nope. This did not correct my issue. It's happening again  I did receive a system update a few days ago, maybe somehow that triggered it? 

SAMSUNG  Can you not provide assistance? 

Thanks @Kleihser

I followed your instructions two days ago and have not noticed my phone's display turning on and off repeatedly after it charges to 100%. I am hesitant to mark this solved until others have reproduced my results.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. 

Mel 

@Kleihser wrote:

So...I have had this same problem since the Oreo update as well. I haven't tested this yet, but in Notifications/ advanced notification settings(toggle show system apps)/ system UI, there is a toggle for battery full notifications. If you click on that, further settings allow to disable notifications on lock screen. I hope this works, since apparently do not disturb does not even stop this problem. 

usercL1YFTEnq4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried the fix last night and it didn't work for me. Still ongoing.

Kleihser
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmmm? I looked and actually set the importance to low as well. "No sound or visual interruptions". Mine seems to work. Also fixed my wife's note 8. It is a frustrating issue. 

userJydYI54Flj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found this to be a problem with my phone case, a way to test this is by setting your phone on its side and see if this stops or take it out of it's case.

I think the case just lifts the phone up enough on the charger that the charging connection point is a little to high or offset, it works on it's side (screen doesn't turn on/off all the time) but you would have to charge it on it's side which may not be a great way to read your clock.  Maybe theirs a way to rotate the clock?  Or try a different case.

Hope this helps.

userseKHSjoSLq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Kleihser,

I followed your instructions and set battery notifications to Low. This completely solved the problem for me on my Note 8. Thanks!

- Terrance

userb204TUr6mM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I cannot stand when my screen lights up when my phone becomes 100% charged. This happens the great majority of time while I'm sleeping, and it lights up my entire bedroom, which, if it doesn't wake me up immediately, will wake up my dogs, which then start barking, and subsequently wakes me up. This is the absolute dumbest "feature" imaginable. Even if Samsung thought this was a great idea, which it absolutely isn't, why wouldn't they at least provide an option to turn it off???
userPObF3wCLNV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only solution I have found, and I have spent many hours researching it like many of you have, is to install Lucid Daydreams screensaver. It keeps the screen dim when the fully charged notification comes on. However, with the latest One UI update, the Night Mode module, which dims the screen sufficiently, isn't available. I hope the developer fixes this in an update. 

Other than the useless Bixby button, this is the most frustrating thing with the Galaxy phones.