cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen keeps turning on during Wireless charging when done charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, thank you for reaching out to us to assist you with your concerns.

Researched this for you and wanted you to give these troubleshooting steps for your screen display a try!

You can locate the steps here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001473/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This "information" has nothing to do with the issue. Thanks for paying attention... 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly the opposite of what everyone is asking for. We want the screen OFF when there is no reason for it to be lighting up!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue on the note8. Very dangerous when driving at night and the screen keeps turning on. I chatted last night and they said to clear cash which I did. This morning on the way to work the issue was still happening. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to resolve this? If so, how? I am having the same problem on my Note 8.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8 plus started doing this shortly after I got an update. My wife has the same phone and hers doesn't do this. What I've found is that it only happens when I'm using an aftermarket wireless charger. I switched to using the Samsung brand and I no longer have this issue. Not sure why one produces this problem and the other doesn't but like others I use my phone for an alarm clock so I keep it by my bed. I couldn't do that when it was constantly turning on every 10 minutes or so.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was just sent a warranty replacement S9 because I could not end a call on my original S9. This new one is rebooting on my wireless charger every night when fully charged. Then the lock screen goes off and on every time it losses and regains 1%. Each time it gains the 1% it starts a one minute rhythmic clicking sound. Only happens at night. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried this link yet?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is now happening to me. I have S7 edge and Samsung wireless charger. Have had both for almost 3 years. This problem started 07/16/2019.  Making me CRAZY!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me since yesterday. Thats because i had to sync my google photos (from iphone to my new S9)

Try this: go to google photos on your samsung device. Go to settings menu on the top left bar. Go to notification. Turn off all notifications. My phone stopped turning on after this. Also, you can go to settings and manually turn off notifications to selected apps. this might help.

I believe what it does is if its on, google photos suggests things like photo book or sharing. 

Hope this helps.

thanks