cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersfSmnmWWPe
Constellation

Re: Screen keeps turning on during Wireless charging when done charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userswRdivW3Tpwrote:

Of course it's truly best not to charge over night. I do not care who says theres no effect And that there are safty features. If it's because the screen lights up at 100 percent. The. Shuts off. Phone discharges back to 99 percent charger kicks on And charges back to 100. If this is the case. Through the course of the night. That 99 to 100 to 99 to 100 to 99 to 100 eventually takes a full charge cycle and depletes the overall life of the battery. 

I have been charging cellular phones overnight since 1988 and have never had this aggravation.. When else would you charge? You need the phone to work during the day!

Highlighted
usertW7XYvyB54
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just this afternoon mine started going off to on while charging and it looks like it's carging very slowly~I NEVER use anything but the wired charger that came with the phone~Funny this is happening now that the new Samsungs are here~I hope this is simply a fixable coincidence~Is there any hope for this?

usersfSmnmWWPe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really getting aggravating and it’s affecting my sleep! I have a Samsung Fast Charge wireless charger but the same thing also happens when the phone is connected to a Samsung wired charger. The phone reaches 100% charge and a message appears saying so. Moments later the phone repeats that charging has started. The message that charging has reached 100% again appears and this sequence continues all night. I have turned off the “charging sound” in the settings which stops the beep but the display still illuminates and lights up the room! I do not have AOD enabled. This seems like it happened after an update as the phone didn’t do this when new. Please fix it ... this is ruining the experience of what is otherwise a great phone!

user9IIIqlAW2S
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just brought my S9+ last Friday. Mine has been doing this, but my husband's isn't and we bought them on the same day.

Very annoying, even when I turn the wireless charger around so it isn't facing me when I sleep.

userCXso1tz7cO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my S9+ about one week ago and have had this issue. It seems this is fairly common but no fixes have seemed to work. Has anyone who reported this here found a fix?

userZnA2eCF3MY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 8 with the same problem. Its driving me crazy!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, try charging the phone to 100% and then taking it off of the charger. Leaving your phone on charge continuously can reduce the life of your battery over time. Thanks!

userRwGnnn0CQV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just so I'm clear on this:

Your suggestion is that we use the phone all day (since in these days of near constant communication you pretty much need your phone by your side if you are awake).  Then when we go to bed we should charge the phone.  When the phone reaches full charge, we should wake up, remove it from the charger, and struggle to get back to sleep.  The phone will then continue to discharge for the remaining hours of the night so that when we wake up, we will start the day with a considerably less than a full charge.  This is your "solution"?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So to make things a little more clear, with any Android device using a  Lithium-ion battery you are not meant to charge the phone overnight at any point. Doing so can indeed cause the battery to drain faster and limits the overall life of the battery. Although, I am just as guilty as everyone else at doing so because the amount that it can potentially "damage" the battery is not all that high. The idea Mae suggested is to have it charging during the day for testing purposes to see if this affects your battery drain.

usereM1siNiSlF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i don't charge my phone overnight or for very long, at that. i charge it til 100% and unplug it. still has the issue, so please stop assuming that it's only those who are charging overnight (all mods who have replied that this is the issue resolve...as it is not).