cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Scrolling wallpaper

Since receiving the One UI 2.1 update on my S9+ (T-Mobile USA) I no longer have working scrolling wallpaper. Nova Launcher has it enabled and they said they did not make any changes that would affect it. Can anyone else confirm the same issue? 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Scrolling wallpaper

I have the same issue since the las update and I don't know how to solve it. Please Samsung, do something to fix this problem. :'(

Highlighted
Asteroid

So apparently the update to One UI 2.1 has had this effect on multiple models of phones, not just the S9 series. I confirmed w Teslacoil (Nova Launcher) the issue is not on their end and is an issue that Samsung introduced w the update.

Samsung moderators please pass this along to the development team. Your users want scrolling wallpaper back! 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@ktklein72

I'm running Nova Prime on my galaxy S9. I'm also running KLWP. Wallpaper scrolling is working perfectly.

I don't know if makes a difference but I am running the latest beta version of Nova Prime. Ver. 6.2.13 Beta 

T-mobile 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

Android 10 One UI 2.1

G960USQU7ETG3

Security Patch Level

July 1st, 2020 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Looks like my setup is exactly the same as yours minus the KLWP (and mine is a S9+). Maybe using KLWP is the reason it's working for you, not sure yet. 

Highlighted

i sent email to nova launcher developer about this and they said samsung does not let 3rd party app to do scrolling wallpaper.

the reason for enable button is for different android smartphones.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes they told me the same thing when I checked with them. But at some point it DID work on Samsung phones. Im pretty sure it worked right up until One UI 2.1 was installed a few weeks ago. 

Highlighted

samsung changed their policy(or whatever it is) from UI 2.1. thats why it worked until 2.0 but not on 2.1

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@ktklein72

I originally replied that it was working on my S9 because the scrolling wallpaper option in Nova launcher does effect the Kustom Live Wallpaper app I'm running.

I later turned off KLWP and tested various images with high resolutions using Nova launcher and One UI Home and got the same results as everyone here. I even tried the default Samsung infinity  wallpaper. For whatever reason that feature has been removed. Unfortunately. 

Have a good weekend, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sadly, supporting older model phones does nothing to boost current sales figures. Slowly updating and slowly removing features nudges their customer base to upgrade and that DOES boost sales figures. 

With ads appearing in stock Samsung apps, slower and slower updates and now loss of some features, I'm considering going back to OnePlus. I had the original OnePlus One then migrated to Note7 (we all remember that debacle), S7 Edge, S8 and then the S9+. It might be time for a change again. Samsung prices have climbed way too high and given the stalled economy I'm guessing many consumers will start feeling that way as well.