cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Security updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The last security patch I have is January 2019. I have an unlocked s9. Per Samsung tech support the delay is intentional and there is no planned date to release a patch.

I find this totally unacceptable given all the fraud and hacking going on.

Why should we bother buying galaxy phones when Samsung will not stand behind their phone.. all their phones.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try thei...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try their demo sim. I immediately got the june update

Thank you all.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Astronaut

SM-G960U1 Baseband version G960U1UEU3CSA8 Last security u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G960U1

Baseband version G960U1UEU3CSA8

Last security update January 2019

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a brand new Tablet and never got a single update after buying it.  After 9 months my company's network wouldn't allow me to connect (I work in cyber security and can't hook to the network if device is over 6 months out of date on security updates).  I was STUCK since I couldn't do my work so I bought a brand new tablet again (Newest tablet at the time) and again never got a single security update and after 9 months couldn't connect at work again.  I was told it was on a quarterly update schedule because it was so new and when I told them I NEED newer security patch I was told that (I can't directly quote or my post will be removed for violating terms and conditions) security patches don't impact the functionality of the tablet at that they find the security updates to be "useless".

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've been wondering the same thing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been wondering the same thing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: I've been wondering the same thing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not just phones, I bought 2 tablets 10 months apart and neither one of them got a single security update, so even a SIM card wouldn't help either tablet as they were both WIFI only and had no SIM card.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the S9 SM-G960U1 on T-Mobile and was stuck on the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S9 SM-G960U1 on T-Mobile and was stuck on the January update. I tried a Verizon SIM from my work phone and it updated to June security with no issues.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Does Verizon SIM need to be for a S9?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does Verizon SIM need to be for a S9?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have unlocked s9 plus on tmobile,and I had the same iss...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have unlocked s9 plus on tmobile,and I had the same issue.I inserted a Mint mobile SIM card that was not even active and I'm now on june security patch!!! Tmobile are doing this on purpose they don't push updates to unlocked phones !!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try thei...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try their demo sim. I immediately got the june update

Thank you all.

View solution in original post