cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
99Valk
Astronaut

Security updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The last security patch I have is January 2019. I have an unlocked s9. Per Samsung tech support the delay is intentional and there is no planned date to release a patch.

I find this totally unacceptable given all the fraud and hacking going on.

Why should we bother buying galaxy phones when Samsung will not stand behind their phone.. all their phones.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
99Valk
Astronaut

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try thei...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try their demo sim. I immediately got the june update

Thank you all.

8 REPLIES 8
99Valk
Astronaut

SM-G960U1 Baseband version G960U1UEU3CSA8 Last security u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G960U1

Baseband version G960U1UEU3CSA8

Last security update January 2019

userKARsBGxDJP
Constellation

Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here

timothyian
Cosmic Ray

I've been wondering the same thing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been wondering the same thing.

timothyian
Cosmic Ray

I have the S9 SM-G960U1 on T-Mobile and was stuck on the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S9 SM-G960U1 on T-Mobile and was stuck on the January update. I tried a Verizon SIM from my work phone and it updated to June security with no issues.

99Valk
Astronaut

Does Verizon SIM need to be for a S9?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does Verizon SIM need to be for a S9?

I have unlocked s9 plus on tmobile,and I had the same iss...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have unlocked s9 plus on tmobile,and I had the same issue.I inserted a Mint mobile SIM card that was not even active and I'm now on june security patch!!! Tmobile are doing this on purpose they don't push updates to unlocked phones !!!

99Valk
Astronaut

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try thei...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to a Verizon store and they allowed me to try their demo sim. I immediately got the june update

Thank you all.

Highlighted
qriusme
Asteroid

Re: Security updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I borrowed an inactive Verizon sim, and did that for my SM-G965U1 S9 plus (on tmobile network), and it worked.  But a few caveats to be careful for. 

after you pop in the SIM it may not do anything but say 'checking device status' for several minutes.  I just kept pressing on the 'Download and Install Updates' button and finally after awhile it said 'checking for updates', and I got the verizon version of the June 1 security patch.  

You have to install while you still have the verizon (or other) SIM, if you go back to the tmobile one, it won't work.  I had to reinstall the verizon one and repeat the steps and I'm installing as I type now.