cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHtrASvDuvH
Asteroid

Selfie Camera is still cropping photos!!!!

Still no fix. I had my problem escalated by their technical team -- their ultimate solution: Factory Reset.  I did all this nonsense.. and it still did not fix anything.

My camera crops photos in single person selfie mode when the Flash is OFF or Auto. If i leave the Flash in ON, it works fine BUT, none of the filters are saved to the Gallery photos. If i deal with having an ultra cropped crappy photo, yay, the filters miraculously stay attached. 

SAMSUNG FIX THIS UI ISSUE PLEASE. The solution is not "trade your phone in"!! The solution is fix your buggy UI that you rolled out carelessly. 

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Selfie Camera is still cropping photos!!!!

Yes Samsung. Please fix this issue. This is not a factory reset, clear your cache type of solution. The camera is why I upgraded to the s9 so please remedy this ASAP. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yay! I believe Samsung has fixed this issue! Thank you Samsung!

usery1CnSUZDOR
Constellation

My selfie cam cropped all my vacay pics. Makes me want to cry. 

userJnRQY9HRni
Astronaut

I can't believe they haven't fixed this after several weeks. I've lost what would have been many great selfies with my kids in the past month because of this issue. If there is no way to fix this soon, I'm dumping Samsung. The camera is literally the most important feature of my phone. I don't want to have to remember to manually change the selfie mode from 1 person to 2 persons for every single photo. 

userRlltKsjLSq
Astronaut

I have stopped taking selfies.  Samsung will lose business for such a basic issue.   Go back the previous version of the camera.

Railfan-Eric
Asteroid

Dang I went to do some selfies of me and my pet bird and now i see what people are talking about.   It cut off the top of my head and cropped so tight my bird isn't even in the picture on the back of the chair beside me.    I had to do the wide angle camera.   I'm so fed up with the stock camera.   everything is crippled on it.   no pro video, the pro photo doesn't even have the telephoto lens.   arrgghhh!!!!!  So much for having a high end phone.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this a shot. It has helped in some cases.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

userelFO2JkCcS
Astronaut

This was brought up already and didn't work when we asked about this 2 months ago. We are FED UP. Its ruining our samsung experience. I never once thought about getting an iPhone but now I am strongly considering it after this neglect from your company.

userelFO2JkCcS
Astronaut

It literally is the most dissappointing thing ever. This phone is too expensive for bugs of this nature. I have already traded in my phone once. I will not be doing it again. Do we need to make this situation more public? Like on twitter? what is it going to take for you all to fix this issue?!!!!