cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_tsupd7a
Astronaut

Sending videos over the Samsung built in messaging app

Whenever I try to send a video to anyone it always looks like it was recorded on a toaster. Why does this occur?

4 REPLIES 4
user42zjtely9U
Constellation

I'd assume it's because the video is being compressed so...

I'd assume it's because the video is being compressed so it will send/be recieved quicker. Also to conserve how much data or bandwidth you're using.

user42zjtely9U
Constellation

In other words it's just downgrading your video quality t...

In other words it's just downgrading your video quality to reduce the size of the file/video.

Highlighted
Sun

Re: Sending videos over the Samsung built in messaging app

Hey 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U T-mobile. 

Mine is the same. Sends them as MMS. For one or two weeks after I installed the public release of Android 9.0 it was sending and receiving using file transfer. Awesome 58mb video sent and received really fast. No scaling or compression at all. Then it stopped and went back to MMS. Never could get it to use file transfer again. I can only guess the carrier has something to do with that.

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Sending videos over the Samsung built in messaging app

@user42zjtely9U  is correct that since the messages are sent over MMS they must be compressed and reduced in size to match the capability of that service.

One option that you might want to look at is the "Share large files" option in Gallery when you choose to share something. It essentially puts the item in the cloud and passes a link to your recipient. They click the link and see your item in all of it's glory.