cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0gLRKDdTfd
Asteroid

Sent Galaxy S9+ Carrier unlocked phone for repair but came back carrier locked

Hi all, Someone Please help. I sent a carrier unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ to address an issue with fast charging. The phone was originally Sprint but carrier unlocked for any carrier. I have been using the phone for about 8 months now for ATT. Samsung repaired the phone but it came back locked to Sprint.  I spend hours and hours with Sprint trying to convince them to unlock the phone but they say it shows as the phone is unlokced on thier system and there is nothing they can do. Samsung took the phone back again for fix the issue and sent back the phone still locked to Sprint. They say I need to contact Sprint to unlock. Its now going in Circles but there is no solution from either Samsung or Sprint. I am ATT customer for 15 years. I am now holding a phone that I bought for $600 with no use to me. Please suggest some fix to this problem. 

8 REPLIES 8
userXLNUxCZNtL
Constellation

as annoying as it may be I'd keep calling and ask to talk...

as annoying as it may be I'd keep calling and ask to talk to someone higher up. There is always something that can be done. Do you have any proof that it was unlocked prior to spending it in to be repaired?

Reply
Loading...
user0gLRKDdTfd
Asteroid

Re: as annoying as it may be I'd keep calling and ask to talk...

Believe me I have been dealing with this for two months now. I took the phone first to local service center recommended by samsung to fix the problem. The phone was not doing fast charging. But slow charging still works. The local store changed the mother board on the phone to make the phone work fine with fast charging. But the phone got locked to Sprint. They couldnt do any thing. Sprint couldnt do anything. Now they replaced back the old monthboard. Now it works for ATT but does not do fast charging. Local store recommended me to ship the phone to service center. I send it in. It comes back locked to Sprint. I complained. Samsung asks to ship again. Sent it back and it is still locked. NOw they say they did everything to fix the phone and it works fine. But it does not work for ATT anymore. Sprint says the phone with this IMEI number is already unlocked and they cannot do anything on their end. I am not sure what to do. I will keep calling and speaking with these in competent Samsung customer service agents who will never escalate my issue to higher up but keep telling they created a case and will respond in 3 - 5 business days and I never hear anything. Again I call and the next agent tells exactly same. 

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: as annoying as it may be I'd keep calling and ask to talk...


@user0gLRKDdTfd wrote:

Believe me I have been dealing with this for two months now. I took the phone first to local service center recommended by samsung to fix the problem. The phone was not doing fast charging. But slow charging still works. The local store changed the mother board on the phone to make the phone work fine with fast charging. But the phone got locked to Sprint. They couldnt do any thing. Sprint couldnt do anything. Now they replaced back the old monthboard. Now it works for ATT but does not do fast charging. Local store recommended me to ship the phone to service center. I send it in. It comes back locked to Sprint. I complained. Samsung asks to ship again. Sent it back and it is still locked. NOw they say they did everything to fix the phone and it works fine. But it does not work for ATT anymore. Sprint says the phone with this IMEI number is already unlocked and they cannot do anything on their end. I am not sure what to do. I will keep calling and speaking with these in competent Samsung customer service agents who will never escalate my issue to higher up but keep telling they created a case and will respond in 3 - 5 business days and I never hear anything. Again I call and the next agent tells exactly same. 


If Samsung won't be able to help.  You could go to eBay and search for: 

unlock code sprint galaxy s9+


Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Sent Galaxy S9+ Carrier unlocked phone for repair but came back carrier locked


@user0gLRKDdTfd wrote:

Hi all, Someone Please help. I sent a carrier unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ to address an issue with fast charging. The phone was originally Sprint but carrier unlocked for any carrier. I have been using the phone for about 8 months now for ATT. Samsung repaired the phone but it came back locked to Sprint.  I spend hours and hours with Sprint trying to convince them to unlock the phone but they say it shows as the phone is unlokced on thier system and there is nothing they can do. Samsung took the phone back again for fix the issue and sent back the phone still locked to Sprint. They say I need to contact Sprint to unlock. Its now going in Circles but there is no solution from either Samsung or Sprint. I am ATT customer for 15 years. I am now holding a phone that I bought for $600 with no use to me. Please suggest some fix to this problem. 


So if your phone came back, sim locked, then Samsung replaced the phone and not repaired...Does the IMEI # match with the device you oridinally sent?


Reply
Loading...
user0gLRKDdTfd
Asteroid

Re: Sent Galaxy S9+ Carrier unlocked phone for repair but came back carrier locked

IMEI exactly matches and it is the same phone. I have been using this phone for 8 months now and I know how it looks exterior. The problem is it is the same IMEI phone. So Sprint says it shows as the phone is unlocked on their system and do not know what changed. Samsung says it is not their business to unlock the phone. 

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Sent Galaxy S9+ Carrier unlocked phone for repair but came back carrier locked


@user0gLRKDdTfd wrote:

IMEI exactly matches and it is the same phone. I have been using this phone for 8 months now and I know how it looks exterior. The problem is it is the same IMEI phone. So Sprint says it shows as the phone is unlocked on their system and do not know what changed. Samsung says it is not their business to unlock the phone. 


How did you unlock the phone before, did sprint provide you with sim unlock code?


Reply
Loading...
user0gLRKDdTfd
Asteroid

Re: Sent Galaxy S9+ Carrier unlocked phone for repair but came back carrier locked

Yes Sprint did provide an unlock code as the phone is fully paid off.

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Sent Galaxy S9+ Carrier unlocked phone for repair but came back carrier locked


@user0gLRKDdTfd wrote:

Yes Sprint did provide an unlock code as the phone is fully paid off.


Can't you use the same code to unlock the device?  When you insert not sprint sim into the phone(ATT in your case), does it ask you to enter code?


Reply
Loading...