cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDxDOLHGROe
Astronaut

Settings does not have wireless charge option

My Samsung Galaxy 9 plus is missing the option to select and turn on wireless charging.

How can I get this resolved?

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Settings does not have wireless charge option

It should be located in settings then device care and select battery Screenshot_20200108-134832_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200108-134847_Device care.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
Samsung Care Ambassador

Wireless charging should be enabled by default.

Are you looking for the "Fast wireless charging" option? If so, that is in Dev care as mentioned by @GaryB82 . IME this option will ONLY appear once your phone has been on a wireless charger at least once. 

userDxDOLHGROe
Astronaut

I'm referring to Wireless Charging not Fast Cable Charging.

userDxDOLHGROe
Astronaut

I have placed my Galaxy S9+ on a wireless charger pad, went onto Settings> Device Care> Battery>Settings..

no option for "Wireless Charging" or " Fast Wireless Charging".

From everything read on Samsung the fast wireless charging is an enhanced feature in the phone's settings. I googled this issue and saw there are others experiencing the same problem.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userDxDOLHGROe wrote:

I have placed my Galaxy S9+ on a wireless charger pad, went onto Settings> Device Care> Battery>Settings..

no option for "Wireless Charging" or " Fast Wireless Charging".

From everything read on Samsung the fast wireless charging is an enhanced feature in the phone's settings. I googled this issue and saw there are others experiencing the same problem.

When you placed it on the wireless charger, did wireless charging start? There is no option to turn wireless charging on/off, it is enabled by default. 

userDxDOLHGROe
Astronaut

Right now my phone is on a wireless charger pad. I am yet to see this feature enabled by default. I've scoured settings, device care, battery and still nothing.

I think this phone is a defect. My previous S9+ charged on a fast wireless charger pad once as I laid the phone on the charger.

Btw this is a replacement for my previous S9+ and will return it to the carrier.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

When you place your S9+ on the wireless charger it should immediately start charging. There are no options that need to be configured. 

Some reasons for not wireless charging:

• The phone has a case and it is too thick. Remedy: Remove the case
  • The cable between the wall adapter and charging pad is defecive. Try another cable which works with another device.
  • The wall adapter is defective. Try another wall adapter which works with another device. 
  • The wireless charging pad is defective. If another device charges successfully on this pad, the pad is good. Otherwise, if you know the cable and adapter are proven good, then try another wireless charging pad. 
  • The phone is defective.