Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PawiSaur
Astronaut

Settings keeps stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My settings keeps crashing since March update and my screen is flickering since Pie update. Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEELWATER45
Asteroid

Re: Settings keeps stopping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you factory reset it

13 REPLIES 13
STEELWATER45
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you factory reset it

Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey 

The March update accidentally added a new night mode switch to the quick access panel  If you pulled the quick settings panel down and used the button order settings to drag the new night mode icon down to the active panel it will crash settings  

Try moving the new icon back to the neutral zone to see if that stops the settings crash  

If that doesn't work you have to open developer options and scroll down to quick settings developer tiles and turn off the first entry titled night mode.

CLF 

userazWT3Qbftf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me! Thank you so much! It's great to stop seeing the message after adjusting the screen brightness. 

userDXOuIsA5SA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also worked for me 😁 

Thanks👍

user5fcv8DYJNA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the fix! Factory Reset works to the extent you don't re add the button, however if you never realized it was a duplicate the first time and re add it, the errors start again. Thanks for the help, CLF!

GTzOnOne
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you SO much! That worked! When I moved night mode out of the quick menu, that didn't work... When I went to Developer settings and, "turned off the first entry titled night mode", THAT WORKED, so far... GREAT work!!!
user0VXdKol5FB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the solution for me. Would have sucked if I needed to factory reset it. Clued me right in, I had added the night mode button right before it started happening. 

@CLF  wrote:

Hey 

The March update accidentally added a new night mode switch to the quick access panel  If you pulled the quick settings panel down and used the button order settings to drag the new night mode icon down to the active panel it will crash settings  

Try moving the new icon back to the neutral zone to see if that stops the settings crash  

If that doesn't work you have to open developer options and scroll down to quick settings developer tiles and turn off the first entry titled night mode.

CLF 

user5fcv8DYJNA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Factory Reset did not work. Dragged the extra night mode button out of the grid and keeping my fingers crossed. 

Tagels
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My other game too.