cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Share button will not share to Messenger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the last week whenever I try to use the share button, it works fine to share to a text, email etc but will not share to messenger. Screen just flashes back to app I'm trying to share. Anybody else seeing this? Did reboot, reinstalled messenger, nothing works. Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Share button will not share to Messenger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To anyone who is having this issue, I was having it on my S20+ Galaxy. I went to settings and scrolled down to software update and and sure enough there was an update and it fixed the problem on my phone.  I wish you all luck and hope it fixes yours as well.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same exact problem.  Samsung - please fix!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This will be more of a Facebook issue. The messenger app needs to be updated prior to their end. Please give it some time for Facebook to fix the issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How would it be a FB issue if any other phone but Samsung can share to Messenger just fine?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

where are you trying to share from?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesnt matter,  my photos, websites, NOTHING shares, only from my S9+. Every si gle other device in the house shares to messenger just fine.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so it could be your new device that needs a new update or the messenger app. For further assisting you can call 1-800-SAMSUNG or you can visit UBreakIFix for a software update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everywhere. It WILL NOT share to Messenger. No matter where I try to share from if I see an article I wasn't to share out won't share to Messenger but it will to everywhere else. I've tried to share emails, they won't share to Messenger but they will to everywhere else. I've tried it NUMEROUS places. Texts, emails, photos, articles. NOTHING SHARES TO MESSENGER!! It's NOT Facebook.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not true. I have an OnePlus 6T on Android 10, Feb update, and I am having the same issue since at least a for a month.

Can't share a thing to facebook messenger.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 huawei phones not samsung .. and I have the same issue in both phones