cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Sim lock

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile now, there is a new. App on my phone and it says it is locking my sim so I cannot use on another Network. Does anybody know how to bypass this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sim lock

You will need to talk to your service provider. They are responsible for the SIM card functions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Sim lock

Hey, 

@userkdox

Sim Card Lock 

I have that option in Biometrics and security / Other security settings. I've never turned it on and it's default setting has always been off. The default pin is 1234 set by T-mobile. If it was turned on and set up with a custom pin number you'll probably need to enter that in order to turn it back off. You only get 3 tries with the pin.

If you're at all uncomfortable with trying to turn sim card lock off please follow @SamsungRei  advice and ask T-mobile tech support for help.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Edit: below are images displaying the two separate unlock input screens after restarting the phone. The first one is the sim lock pin and the second is the system default pin unlock. Screenshot_20200211-125139_Nova Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-125231_Nova Launcher.jpg

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019