Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kowalski
Cosmic Ray

Slow pixel responding on S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have recently noticed that my S9's display has some sort of weird issues when it comes to black area. Whenever there's a dark/black area on the screen and it moves or I drag/move the screen around, the pixels around the black area seems to move a bit slower ( like 0.5s ) causing smearing/ghosting. I'm not sure if this is a common issue on AMOLED displays or just my phone. Please let me know if you have the same issue. Btw, everything else works perfectly, it's just annoying me because once I've noticed, I can't unsee it now.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sorry for making you misunderstood but the whole screen h...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does appear to be a normal issue with AMOLED display. We would recommend turning up the brightness to make it less noticeable. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Slow pixel responding on S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated your device recently?

Kowalski
Cosmic Ray

Yes I just updated my phone 2 days ago. But the problem h...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I just updated my phone 2 days ago. But the problem has been going on since I got my phone

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Yes I just updated my phone 2 days ago. But the problem h...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this same spot show if the phone is loaded into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Kowalski
Cosmic Ray

Sorry for making you misunderstood but the whole screen h...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for making you misunderstood but the whole screen has that issue, not just a specific spot. I've read that the issue is common on AMOLED display because it takes time to turn on the pixel since AMOLED screen turns off pixels at black areas.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to provide a video of what you're seeing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Kowalski
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to record the screen but the issue doesn't show on my laptop screen which is not an AMOLED display but you can try with the picture I provided below with a galaxy phone that has AMOLED display. Zoom in and drag it around, pay attention to the edges of the black bloxes ( it's easier to see with brightness < 40% ). Do you have the same issue ?

313ff0a.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does appear to be a normal issue with AMOLED display. We would recommend turning up the brightness to make it less noticeable.