Original topic:

Smart Call keeps stopping once opening call log after update

(Topic created: 11-18-2020 02:42 PM)
userbnOyZGbz3n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As indicated in the subject.

I've updated my device Samsung galaxy s9 today, after the update the smart call app keeps stopping each time I open the call log.

What can I do to fix this

Thanks to all in advance

32 Replies
userzt8jPQkKM6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue occurs with my device too. Same device (Galaxy S9). 

0 Likes
userBQHTVgp7l8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue. Also happens for messages. Can make a call now, as this message pops up.

0 Likes
Mahmoudgelany
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

having a same problem..

I cleared data, cache ..

Open Your Phone/Dialer in App Settings and choose storage then clear data and clear cache 

That’s successfully and warking for me .. glaxy s9+ ..🙂

0 Likes
user8OiT29xnnS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried this and it's not solving the issue on my phone. This has been happening on my galaxy s9+ since I installed the new update about 3 days ago.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
user2uuJBvcQvx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks; this fix seems to work for now, but I'd like to wait a few days when the cache is rebuilt to see what happens really...

The initial suggestion worked for a couple of days only, and then the problem resurfaced. So, let's cross fingers...

0 Likes
userzUupalWkAo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

tried this but is does not work ðŸ˜ž

Also tried to disable the call ID but this function is disabled and unable to turn it off.

Any other thoughts as the failure of this app is now is becomming anoying

How do I fix this?

userJ0KU0YOVFW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
did not fix mine
user8OiT29xnnS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This didn't solve the problem. This is really frustrating. Everytime I try to call someone on my phone, it pops up with this message about 10 times before I can even make the call. I pay way too much money for this phone for continue to malfunction in this way. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could reach out to me privately to fix this issue. I would be more than happy to provide my contact information for this.

0 Likes