cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Smart Call not working on incoming calls after PIE update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm on my Samsung Factory Unlocked S9+ right now. I'm not seeing a way to unmark the solution that I previously stated solved the issue.
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After being on ignore (hold) with Verizon for over an hour and getting passed from person to person and tier to tier, they stated that they send full caller ID information data along to all subscribers. Other individuals are having this same issue after the PIE update, it would be interesting to see what carriers they have...
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has nothing to do with carrier. Everything was working fine until pie update

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOIXCcGqw4C wrote:

It has nothing to do with carrier. Everything was working fine until pie update

Agreed!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem even though I tried so many different approach trying to resolve it. It is really annoying.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried clearing the data and cache from the Smart call and Hiya apps and it still didn't work. Tried wiping the cache partition and it still didn't work, not intermittenly, not ever. I found this post at the bottom of this thread on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/as58m3/samsung_smart_call_caller_id_broken_after_pie/

I didn't give contacts and permissions to the app because it worked fine without doing that before Pie but I did follow the rest of the post and it works fine again, giving me the warning during the call and I can choose to report it then or several hours (or days) after the fact.

I can't guarantee this will work for you but it fixed the problem for me. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i had the same issues after i updated to android pie, i could make calls no problem but not receiving calls, i tried everything , even calling my service provider and nothing worked,  than i tried updating a caller id  app that needed to be updated and it fixed the issue, it was like the app was rejecting all of my calls automatically and  would make my phone not ring during any calls,  hope this helps.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userW13TTkHcqw wrote:

i had the same issues after i updated to android pie, i could make calls no problem but not receiving calls, i tried everything , even calling my service provider and nothing worked,  than i tried updating a caller id  app that needed to be updated and it fixed the issue, it was like the app was rejecting all of my calls automatically and  would make my phone not ring during any calls,  hope this helps.

Thanks for the input, but that's not the same problem. 

The problem that some of us are having is that the caller ID from Samsung Smart Call is not identifying the calling party upon an incoming call. The phone just displays "unsaved" and the numerical incoming number. There is also no option to report the call as sp@m. It is am intermittent problem. Sometimes it does work and you can report the call. It's the luck of the draw. Worked just fine until the Pie update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree I'm having the same problem on Cricket which uses the at&t network network.

But I do receive the information when my phone has been dormant for awhile, but when the phone is in text mode or any other apps or just the main screen I do not receive any information or can I answer the incoming call all I get is a ring and or vibrate .. Galaxy S9 plus unbranded international model.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have ATT and am having this same issue

@The_Chemist wrote:
After being on ignore (hold) with Verizon for over an hour and getting passed from person to person and tier to tier, they stated that they send full caller ID information data along to all subscribers. Other individuals are having this same issue after the PIE update, it would be interesting to see what carriers they have...