cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Smart Call not working on incoming calls after PIE update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I buy all my phones unlocked directly from Samsung. I don't buy phones from Verizon. No bloatware  My Verizon "Call Filter" app was downloaded from Google Play. So, the S9+ that I uninstalled the Verizon Call I D app from was an unlocked S9+ purchased directly from Samsung. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to the developer to verify compatibility with Android Pie.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

I would recommend reaching out to the developer to verify compatibility with Android Pie.

Whatever do you mean?  Smart Call is a Samsung app developed for Samsung by Hiya.  Don't you think Samsung should be doing the research here to find out why PIE broke it?  

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Smart Call

Did you attempt clearing the cache? Does the problem occur in safe mode?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have unmarked the solution. Even having an unlocked phone if you are using a carrier for cellular service they can control certain features within calling and messaging.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I spoke too soon. It really didn't fix the issue. It intermittently will work and display incoming caller information, but not at all consistent.
Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@The_Chemist if the marked solution did not actually resolve your issue, it may be worthwhile to go back to the marked post and mark it as not resolved. This will make it clear to all that this is still an outstanding issue. I've been following this thread because I'm not really sure whether the Smart Call feature has been working properly for me or not (I think not) and I want to keep trying.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this just to make sure everything is enabled correctly on their end.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm sure Verizon has everything enabled correctly on my account and on their end. If I swap my SIM card over to my Samsung Factory Unlocked Note 9 which did not yet receive the PIE update, Smart Call works on every call. PIE broke the Smart Call functionality on the S9+ On the calls where Smart Call doesn't function, you don't even get the option to report the call as fraud. It's as if Smart Call is turned off completely. But then you could get another call and it will work just fine. It's not reliable. PIE broke the functionality.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm on my Samsung Factory Unlocked S9+ right now. I'm not seeing a way to unmark the solution that I previously stated solved the issue.