cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray

Re: Smart Call not working on incoming calls after PIE update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Smart call is not fixed. I had 3 incoming calls today. All 3 said unsaved and did not give me the option to report the call as sp@m. 

I thought they fixed it. Oh well. I'm really frustrated with this. 

I own so many Samsung products including a $6,000 75" Q9F TV. I expected more from Samsung. 

The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, I was wrong. I did have the option to report the call and block the number. The options were under (!) Info. Apparently Smart Call just has no caller ID information for that number which called 3 more times today. My phone just displays "unsaved". I was able to block it. So I am thinking that Samsung did their diligence and fixed the broken code. 

Now for the trick of the tail, I'll have to switch my SIM card over to my Note 9, which also got the Samsung Experience update and see if Smart Call now works on it as well.  

userkpPVdZw4x1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found a solution, hope it can help: there is a new update available form Germany (no brand) on SAMMOBILE for Galaxy S8 : GF950FXXU4DSDA/GF950FXXU4DSD6 installed almost a week ago, and the problem seems to be solved.

The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userkpPVdZw4x1 wrote:

I think I found a solution, hope it can help: there is a new update available form Germany (no brand) on SAMMOBILE for Galaxy S8 : GF950FXXU4DSDA/GF950FXXU4DSD6 installed almost a week ago, and the problem seems to be solved.

The problem is solved here as well with the last Samsung Experience update.  They fixed whatever code was broken. 

userzMrsDMlcfL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey I haven't received the update yet. Possible for you to share a screenshot of the change log? Does the change log say the Caller ID issue has been resolved?

Thanks in advance

The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzMrsDMlcfL wrote:

Hey I haven't received the update yet. Possible for you to share a screenshot of the change log? Does the change log say the Caller ID issue has been resolved?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, no screenshot, but you can download yourself. Go to Google Play and download or update "Samsung Experience Service".  It has updated again. The most recent update is 10.1 Apri 29, 2019 

This is the Android Overlay that Samsung uses.  My Smart Call started acting normally again after this service was updated, a few updates ago, earlier last month. Works both on my S9+ and Note 9.  They were previously both broken by Pie.