Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart Call not working on incoming calls after PIE update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone. Go to -Settings, then -Network & internet, then tap under

-Wi-Fi your network,

then under -Mobile data -Roaming and -App data usage, tap -Advanced, tap -Preferred network type and select GSM/WCDMA/LTE. Works like a charm. Cheers. Choose Your cell phone operator name as well in -Mobile network -Advanced -Access Point Names.Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone. Go -Settings -Network & internet, under -WiFi tap on your network,

under -Mobile data -Roaming -App data usage choose -Advanced tap -Preferred network

type and select GSM/WCDMA/LTE. Work like a charm. Cheers Smiley Very Happy

Choose Your cell phone operator name as well in -Mobile network -Advanced -Access Point Names.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  I had the same problem on my Note 9, and this solved the problem.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a time frame on a fix for this??

I already accepted that there will no longer be personalized text ring tones and got another messaging app.. but now no caller ID because of the PIE update? This is ridiculous, too much money paid for a phone that isnt even working as a PHONE efficiently. I have six people in my family, we all have samsungs and 2 of us are having this issue. I am starting to doubt we will be doing samsung on our next round of upgrades. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Clsisk3 wrote:

Is there a time frame on a fix for this??

I already accepted that there will no longer be personalized text ring tones and got another messaging app.. but now no caller ID because of the PIE update? This is ridiculous, too much money paid for a phone that isnt even working as a PHONE efficiently. I have six people in my family, we all have samsungs and 2 of us are having this issue. I am starting to doubt we will be doing samsung on our next round of upgrades. 

First of all, before there will be a fix, Samsung has to admit there is a problem.  At this point I don't think Samsung has admitted that a problem exists. They kerp blaming the lack of Smart Call on our carriers. 

Unfortunately for me, I allowed my Note 9 to upgrade to Pie.  Now that phone has the Smart Call not working issue as well. 

The main reason I bought Samsung phones was to get Smart Call. Now since Smart Call was broken by the Pie upgrade there would be no more incentive for me to own Samsung phones  

When I upgrade to new phones when 5G is up and running in my area, I will most likely purchase another brand of phone  I'll end up shelling out $3.00 a month to greedy Verizon for their caller id and sp@m filter service, so I may as well buy a feature packed phone from another manufacturer  

For me, the incentive to purchase Samsung was Smart Call.  Since Smart Call no longer works, the incentive is gone.  

Samsung, c'mon admit there is a problem and fix it in a timely manner. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This works!  

Go to Settings; Apps; Call Protect App and disable or force stop it

Found it on another thread.  I just disabled it and the calls now show

who is calling.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My caller ID hasn't been working since last Wednesday. Can't get it figured out either

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this and it works.  

who is calling.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0NEekad4LX wrote:

I tried this and it works.  

who is calling.

I have tried that numerous times.  It does initially work, but the issue always comes back. 

It is not a permanent fix, at least in my case  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to be sure we are talking about the same problem (Galaxy S8, Italy)

After Pie update, the Smart Call app from Samsung does not stay enabled:

after you enable Smart Call from "Call settings", it stays enabled only for few hours. During these few hours, it works properly.

However, after a while, the "Smart Call" settings switches to "Disabled" by itself.

PS: In my case, the caller ID from the carrier works perfectly.