cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart View on S9 to a Samsung Smart TV - mirroring

I used to be able to mirror my whole phone to my Samsung Smart TV. Now, looks like I can only mirror Photos, Videos & Music from my S9. What happened? I couldn't find any options to mirror my entire phone. I want to be able to view my phone's screen to my TV like before. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Smart View on S9 to a Samsung Smart TV - mirroring

Hey, 

@userkG8ALZOl7N

I have the galaxy S9 added as a device in the network settings,screen mirroring, device manager.

When Smart View opens its device selection menu the Samsung Smart TV shows up. I select it and it automatically displays my GS9 home screen on the Samsung Smart TV.

I haven't done anything else and it's working pretty good. 

Make sure you have the galaxy S9 added to the device manager and it's set to allowed.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart View on S9 to a Samsung Smart TV - mirroring

I have an s9, and I was using "Screenbeam mini 2" flawlessly for 2 months. Then it stopped working out of the blue after an upgrade  to my phone. I was on the phone with Samsung for 45 minutes, and they took over my phone remotely to try to get it to work. No luck! 

Out of desperation I tried connecting to two different "Smart TVs" with the "smart view" icon. I have no Wi-Fi in my home. But it worked on both TVs. Don't ask me how.