Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSJNwIXP7zw
Constellation

Software Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Every since I purchased my Galaxy S9 (with Verizon Unlimited) on May 29th, 2018 I have had on and off issues with it. The most common reoccurring issue is my messages. I am using the Messages+ app that came with the phone and any time I send a message it says "sending" even when the recipient receives the message and responds. If I restart my phone any messages that I had sent but were received resend. I have tried to use the other messages app (while in safe mode) and I texted myself. Messages either would not come through if I was connected to data and would come through on wifi (yes I've double even quadruple checked these settings). 

I have talked with Verizon, received a new sim card, they monitored the data to and from towers coming from my phone (that's just how they explained it, but no answers from that). Spoke with Samsung and they didnt know what was going on and wanted me to send in my phone for repair. They don't send a replacement or loaner in that time so I declined. 

I've cleared ALL the cache for everything in my phone. I've factory reset multiple times. I have started in safe mode and troubleshot the best I could. Even restarting in safe mode to safe mode again resent the messages using the messages app on the phone. 

I have contacted the Messages+ developers and they had me pull the logs on my messages, keep track of when it happens, and send them the logs using an app they had me download. I did this at least 5 times and have yet to hear back from them and it's been at least two weeks since I sent the last one. 

Other issues I have include not getting notifications of my emails and the notifications on social media duplicate themselves after I have already seen them. Obviously social media isn't important but I need my email notifications to work. I typically have to pull down on the screen to 'refresh' gmail in order for my emails to come through. It is so frustrating and embarrassing to have messages resend or not even know if they are delivered or read because everything says sending. Sometimes my phone says delivered sometimes it doesnt, regardless of if I have wifi on or not. I cant afford to purchase a new phone (upgrade not available yet) so I dont know what to do. I hope posting on this forum will lead to some resolution20190715_220941.jpgWifi off. Messages arent being delivered

20190715_221009.jpgAfter restarting from safe mode to safe mode again.

Screenshot_20190715-210002_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-205955_Settings.jpg

20190715_221059.jpg

20190715_220742.jpgEverything says sending even though I get a response

20190715_220035.jpg

20190715_214132.jpgI already read all of these messages, but I got duplicate notifications all at once.

Screenshot_20190715-210008_Settings.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userSJNwIXP7zw
Constellation

Re: Software Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue: I tested a different SIM card that I know works correctly in my husbands phone, and my phone still had the same problem, (even in safe mode) meaning it was an issue with the hardware (at least to my knowledge). I used Samsung Live Chat and did this while chatting with them as they suggested. I ended up biting the bullet and sending my S9 to Samsung to see if they could diagnose and fix the issue. I was able to use my old S7 with my S9 SIM card which worked great. Samsung just sent me back an email that stated they have shipped my phone back to me saying this: 

Original Problem:
HARDWARE ISSUE - SIM ISSUE - NOT RECOGNIZED/CAN'T READ 

Problem found:
SIM ELECTRICAL FAILURE - KEYPAD - COSMETICS - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT 

Solution:
REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COMPONENT

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend backing up all of your information and taking your device to your nearest http://UbreakiFix.com. They can usually have your device back to you within the same day.

userSJNwIXP7zw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue: I tested a different SIM card that I know works correctly in my husbands phone, and my phone still had the same problem, (even in safe mode) meaning it was an issue with the hardware (at least to my knowledge). I used Samsung Live Chat and did this while chatting with them as they suggested. I ended up biting the bullet and sending my S9 to Samsung to see if they could diagnose and fix the issue. I was able to use my old S7 with my S9 SIM card which worked great. Samsung just sent me back an email that stated they have shipped my phone back to me saying this: 

Original Problem:
HARDWARE ISSUE - SIM ISSUE - NOT RECOGNIZED/CAN'T READ 

Problem found:
SIM ELECTRICAL FAILURE - KEYPAD - COSMETICS - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT 

Solution:
REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COMPONENT