cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1HcYrfKvQN
Asteroid

Software update causing heaps of issues including ims service keeps stopping

Hi,

I bought my phone in USA and using in Australia, galaxy s9. After the latest update my phone is useless. Can't make call. Even if I did it keeps disconnecting. Screen is not responsive at all. takes me ages to navigate, open an app or close an app. 

I have a medical need kid I need my phone working. If I can't even make basic call u may as well fire ur developers who release such a useless patch. I really need this fixed asap. Please do something or give my money back so that I buy some phone which can atleast make a phone call.

I am one annoyed customer.

13 REPLIES 13
userQK5L0esuBm
Astronaut

Re: Software update causing heaps of issues including ims service keeps stopping

In the exact same situation, US unlocked Samsung S9, using in Australia (successfully for 1 year until the most recent update).  Commenting in the hopes that Samsung will see there are heaps of people with this problem and will get it together to address and fix this issue.

user1HcYrfKvQN
Asteroid

Re: Software update causing heaps of issues including ims service keeps stopping

My kid is a frgile medical need kid. I will have to be able to place emergency call anytime of the day. with this horrible software update we are doomed if I can't make the call on time. I am gonna sue u samsung if u don't this and it cost me life of my kid

useroiEyE76tVD
Asteroid

Samsung going to respond to this ???????????????????? or back to Apple

userokgMIGkQuj
Asteroid

Seemingly not.  And it gets worse...

Samsung Australia could not help and said I had to contact Samsung US.

Samsung US chat support does not work, and hasn't for the last day or so (at least).

The only number anyone in Samsung knows for phoning is 1800SAMSUNG which does not work from outside the US, so completely useless.

I sent an email to the support group which bounced.

A somewhat interested support person in Samsung Australia said they would ring back this afternoon and see if I had had any success in getting through to the US - they never did.  Or maybe they did but couldn't get through, there have been a few people now who say they have rung me and it did not connect.

I use the phone for diabetes pump monitoring and it is critical this gets fixed.  At the moment, I've spent 24 hours just trying to get through somehow to Samsung support! 

It's almost criminal, and if the issue causes a problem with the pump monitoring (i.e. we end up in hospital) you can rest assured that I will view it as such and take the same steps I would if I found out someone had been stealing from me.  I don't really care anymore that Samsung A points the finger at Samsung B, I just need someone to respond and take the right action.

user1HcYrfKvQN
Asteroid

One would wonder after paying hard earned 1000s of dollars,  buying top notch phone on market not to experience things like this. First they tie our whole life into a smart phone and release a crapy patch and sit on thier ssa(in reverse) while the world suffers. 

useroiEyE76tVD
Asteroid

agree and it seems we wasted many dollars on useless warranties

userokgMIGkQuj
Asteroid

Completed a downgrading of the firmware using Odin and getting the previous version from Sammobile.

A bit nerve racking but it worked and everything is back to normal.  Of course, still very unhappy about the situation and the complete lack of any means to get support outside of this forum, but the immediate threat of a non-functional phone is gone at least.

Instructions for the downgrading are in another longer thread in this section of the forum if yoiu haven't found it yet.  Titled 'IMS Service Keeps Stopping'.

Highlighted
useroiEyE76tVD
Asteroid

tried that but it didn't work for me for some reason. Hopefully the fix it soon but I'll seriously not look at buying another Samsung after this fiasco

userFnIAE8fId7
Asteroid

Same thing happened in Note 8