cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabi08
Asteroid

Software update

Hi

I own a Samsung galaxy s9+ unlocked at&t model SM-G965U and I haven't recieved any updates for my device and I'm not using a at&t sim card. I tried using smart switch and it says my phone is up to date. I haven't recieved any security policy updates either. Please help, this concerns me a little...

Kind regards.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung_I7zvyQh
Astronaut

Re: Software update

Same dude I didn't get anything

Highlighted
OGBrock
Cosmic Ray

I had a similar issue and after digging around turns out the previous owner did not have a true ota software update. basically they flashed a diff update on it that was not official so it didn't get the ota updates. my suggestion would be to find the previous official software update flash it to phone and try the ota again after the flash. it worked for my s9 plus.

Fabi08
Asteroid

First of all, thanks for the reply, now..I am kinda scared to flash things on my device because I am afraid I will mess up. Someone actually suggested me to wipe cache partition but I do not thing that will work. I live in Albania and we do not have At&t support here, I bought my phone used, last march and it hasn't updated since then. I strongly believe that this phone has not recieved any updates in a while. Android 10 is almost out and mine has not recieved android 9 yet. Thanks for your time.

Kind regards.

uservcX35wHVLM
Constellation

I had the same issue so I took my note 9 to a best buy that had samsung rep in store they did a flash on mine to update the current software it did it and works great..

Fabi08
Asteroid

Oh, really happy to hear that! But what I truly wonder is what causes this issues? This preventing us from having the latest features on our devices.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Ichamel
Galaxy

You'll need wifi. Enable Airplane mode then enable wifi. Check for update. Some people have to remove their sim but that involves disabling auto date and time.

Fabi08
Asteroid

I actually tried that earlier today. Unfortunately It did not work, the smart switch application didn't help me either. As I mentioned above we do not have At&t support here, by all means not even At&t sim cards. Does this mean that my phone will never recieve any updates in the future? The security patch is from October 2018. It has been a year since then. I have watched several videos and read some articles on how to update my phone. Every single one mentions that I should have an at&t sim card. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.