1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Software

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Members_mY2ZXQP 

On other prior threads Samsung encouraged the following for this issue:

1. Remove SIM from SIM card tray and re-insert SIM. 4007 error message disappears, remove the device if the error reappears. 
  2. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > force stop. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.
  3. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > Storage > clear data. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.

If the issue remains you might find this help from another thread helpful:

1. Remove sim card.
  2. Go to settings, apps, three dots, show system apps, search OMADM, force stop then open storage, clear data.
  3. Go back to home screen.
  4. Hard Reset (power + volume down for 10 seconds). Get back to home screen, reinstall sim card. 

If the issue continues this is likely a carrier specific issue with their firmware. Samsung looks to be encouraging folks to reach out to the carrier on this.

Still having problems?

1. Go to Settings >> Software update and tap UICC Unlock
  2. Tap Ok
  3. Tap Download and install and continue hitting the various prompts to say "Ok"

Fuller instructions:

1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
  2. It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
  3. It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
  4. It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
  5. Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
  6. It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
  7. It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Members_mY2ZXQP 

On other prior threads Samsung encouraged the following for this issue:

1. Remove SIM from SIM card tray and re-insert SIM. 4007 error message disappears, remove the device if the error reappears. 
  2. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > force stop. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.
  3. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > Storage > clear data. The 407 error message will disappear from the notification bar.

If the issue remains you might find this help from another thread helpful:

1. Remove sim card.
  2. Go to settings, apps, three dots, show system apps, search OMADM, force stop then open storage, clear data.
  3. Go back to home screen.
  4. Hard Reset (power + volume down for 10 seconds). Get back to home screen, reinstall sim card. 

If the issue continues this is likely a carrier specific issue with their firmware. Samsung looks to be encouraging folks to reach out to the carrier on this.

Still having problems?

1. Go to Settings >> Software update and tap UICC Unlock
  2. Tap Ok
  3. Tap Download and install and continue hitting the various prompts to say "Ok"

Fuller instructions:

1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
  2. It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
  3. It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
  4. It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
  5. Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
  6. It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
  7. It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Software

JUMP TO SOLUTION
the part on the UICC Unlock portion of the instructions resolved this for me, it actually registered the firmware upgrade and I was able to click OK. Samsung said it was the carrier, carrier says it is Samsung, unknown who or what this is trying to register the firmware upgrade with but the UICC portion of the instructions above worked for me (T-Mobile if you're curious)
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

update to latest version, and it will be solved