cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Speaker turns on automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this problem for years and finally had the time to focus on the solution.  With input from this group, I found the final soluiton for me quite simple .  The Call Recorder App has an option to automatically turn on the speaker.  Just need to toggle off that feature and it's fine.  Hope this solution works for you!

Call Recorder Settings Page.jpg        Call Recorder Automatic Mode Setting.jpg      Call Recorder Automatic Mode Setting Off.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there! I'm new to android and I'm having the same issue with my 10 plus. Is the call recorder app something you downloaded or does it come installed on the phone and would it possibly be under a different app name? I'm having trouble finding it so I can turn it off.

Thank you! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solved it for me for my S20 Ultra. Thank you, it was driving me insane :-)

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Safe mode means that all 3rd party apps are not running and I'm guessing a limited amount of system apps are running.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything mentioned on this post and the problem for my Galaxy S9 still persists for me.

1. Tried in Safe Mode, problem did not occur.
  2. I removed all permissions to the phone except for the phone app, issue still occurs.
  3. Next I uninstalled all updated over the past 4 day for apps that couldn't be removed.  If an app had been updated in the past 4 days, then I uninstalled the app.
  4. I do not have Voice Recorder on my phone, so I can't change settings there.

If there were any other recommends in this post other than a factory reset I have tried that.

PLEASE HELP!!!  I need this fixed ASAP.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found the solution. My phone connects automatically to LTE/3G/2G. I selected instead only 3G/2G and solved the issue.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same happened with me. The only solution that worked for me was turning my bluetooth off. Because of my android watch, I had to keep my bluetooth connected. My watch initially started acting strange and lost connectivity randomly and I had to restart my phone so that my watch would connect again. Today suddenly my watch did a factory reset on it's own and since then it was not connecting. so I linked it with the speaker problem and turned bluetooth off. Hence no more loudspeaker issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. Try deleting your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungSteph,

You saying it's a 3rd party app isn't really helping me.  I have probably 100 3rd party apps on my phone.  There has to be a better way or a way to narrow it down to a certain type of app.  

This all started when I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it so that it would sync.  Prior to me uninstalling the app, Chrome mobile would never sync with the browsers installed on my PCs.  I have since uninstalled Chrome to see if the problem persisted and it did.  Then I turned sync off for Chrome mobile and the problem still continues.  

I've uninstalled multiple apps to find that the problem persists.  I NEED HELP.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, were you able to figure out the problem? I am having the same problem from the past 10 days in my Galaxy S9+ and I have not installed any third party apps that have the phone permission. Please help.