cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Speaker turns on automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I've got the last update, every time I answer a call the speakers turn on automatically even though the speaker icon shows that it's off. I have to tap the speaker icon twice to fix the issue. The same happens when I use my handsfree as well.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Speaker turns on automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure what you mean by safe mode. Couldn't find it in the settings 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To put your device in safe mode: Press the power button, when you see the power off option, press and hold the power off option until you see safe mode. Then tap on safe mode.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, it doesn't happen in safe mode

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is still unresolved and there are still many Samsung users experiencing this including me. I've tried safe mode, and I can't replicate. But I've also tried after a clean factory reset with not a single third party app installed, and it happens. It's so annoying, how can a $1500 phone (Note 10+) have issues as such? Annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe this is happening to me when I have Google voice installed.  I uninstalled it for a while and the issue went away, then reinstalled it and isse came back.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check this out, if you have Google Voice installed it may very well be the culprit:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.slashgear.com/google-voice-update-broke-audio-features-for-some-use...

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, keep happening here with note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, keep happening here with note 9