cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
users6nA6S4xHV
Asteroid

Speaker turns on automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I've got the last update, every time I answer a call the speakers turn on automatically even though the speaker icon shows that it's off. I have to tap the speaker icon twice to fix the issue. The same happens when I use my handsfree as well.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Speaker turns on automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

users6nA6S4xHV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure what you mean by safe mode. Couldn't find it in the settings 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To put your device in safe mode: Press the power button, when you see the power off option, press and hold the power off option until you see safe mode. Then tap on safe mode.

users6nA6S4xHV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, it doesn't happen in safe mode

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

useryCvknNpWVI
Asteroid

Yes, keep happening here with note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, keep happening here with note 9

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Yes, keep happening here with note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryCvknNpWVI Just to clarify you still experience these symptoms in safe mode is that correct?

user67tIsDx32P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so my s10e did the same thing, 

This seems to have stopped it since I tried this solution Yesterday .Screenshot_20190918-122644_Package installer.jpg

Go to setting and apps then go through all your apps and turn off permissions to telephone. Except for the dialing or phone app and phone book. Everything else you can remove. 

Bixby aswell just for testing until you sure it has stopped. Then you can turn Bixby on and see if it still does it.

See if that works

I could be completely wrong but this is a better option then removing apps or resetting my phone. 

userbSHWreRORB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I appreciate your solution. 

I have the same issue on my brand new Note 10 +, the outgoing calls and whatsapp calls would suddenly go on spaker. 

I have already tried a similar solution but did not revoke premissoins for bixby up intil now. Just did that and wll monitor the situation. 

By the way, since this problem is intermittement, I have devised an easy way of testing, which you might want to follow and let me know if your fix is still working on your phone. 

1. Start by making an outgonig call and disconnect after 20 sec. 

2. Immediately upon disconnecting, press the re-dial button that shows on screen after a call is disconnect. ( press it instantly after the last call disconnects)

Try it for 5/6 times and you will see if the problem re-occrus. 

Please let me know how it goes for you.