cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Speaker turns on automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and it only started happening after I finally decided to update the OS a few weeks back. Never had a problem before that. Seems like another upgrade cop out. It's thanks to answers like this that I never upgrade a working OS. I just had to this time as I was testing something for work. Now I wish I could roll back Smiley Sad Blaming 3rd party apps for an obvious OS bug seems very typical of Samsung. I must say that my I had higher hopes but my Android experiment will end when I upgrade phone again. At least I know Apple don't care...lol

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm suffering the same issue the past ~4 weeks, on a Samsung S9+ running Android 10, build QP1A.190711.020.G965FXXS7DTB5.

From limited testing in Safe mode, the issue for me doesn't seem to occur - so I believe its being caused by some application.

But I have gone through my list of applications and permissions, and reviewing those with telephone permissions, I've removed all non core apps - However the annoying issue has continued.

I'm hoping for advice from @SamsungSteph & Samsung on how to enable some sort of debugging, so that I can check a permissions log to see what app triggered access to the telephone controls during the call?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do you possibly know which app is causing this issue? since it's not happening in the safe mode?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, makes BT useless for phone calls, which is kind of the point of a phone with BT!  Started in the last few weeks.  

I use a JBL Flip4 for music and phone calls throughout the day.  I also use a Jawbone earpiece for calls occasionally.  For calls only the JBL (and Jawbone) recently started switching from the bluetooth device to the S9s speakerphone for apparently no reason.  A couple of more points:

• When this happens the phone does not indicate its in speakerphone mode (speaker icon not lit), but the sound is clearly coming out in in speakerphone (its loud).  If I turn off the BT device or otherwise disconnect it, the phone goes into normal phone mode (not speakerphone). 
  • If the call ends while the phone is in in the weird, intermediate state the next call answers normally playing through the BT device as expected.  Then at a random time later (sometimes almost immediately, sometimes 20 mintues later) it will jump back to the weird phone speakerphone mode. 

I've tried removing apps and app permissions, not working.  I don't have a Call Recorder app.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. Even i am having the same issue. Just after factory resetting my phone . Whats Whats the final solution for this.  It might be something wrong with Samsung software. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue on the Note 9. Thinking it was the hardware, I transferred my data to a new A51 and the same issue occurs.

By any chance is everyone experiencing this on the Galaxy Buds+ or from any Bluetooth headset?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it's because of bluetooth as my problem was solved when I turned my bluetooth off. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, Galaxy S9. I didn't factory reset but I did Reset to Default Settings. Ever since then, calls transfer to the speaker without the speaker icon actually highlighting. Super frustrating.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I resolved this by uninstalling SmartThings. Have had no issues since then after a few tries on Whatsapp and Phone calls. Try it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I gotta excited, lasted 10 calls, before it re-occured since uninstalling Smart Things.

Like other posters, I'm starting to suspect MS Teams.