JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Split window or multi windows missing in s9 update

(Topic created: 03-09-2019 06:18 PM)
usermCsoD5vP5u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi all recently updated my Samsung Galaxy S9, noticed split window or multi window option is missing cant find anywhere, pl help, Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give these steps a try: 

1. From a Home screen, tap the Recent apps icon Recent apps icon (bottom-left).
  2. Scroll left or right to locate the preferred app then tap the app icon (e.g., calendar, gallery, email) located at the top of the panel. 
  3. Tap Open in split screen view.
  4. From the Recent apps screen tap the second application to be viewed. 
    Note When on, tap the Recent apps icon (lower-left) to change the current app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In the recent apps screen, long-press the icon at the top of one of your apps, then select Open in Split Screen, then choose the second app.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give these steps a try: 

1. From a Home screen, tap the Recent apps icon Recent apps icon (bottom-left).
  2. Scroll left or right to locate the preferred app then tap the app icon (e.g., calendar, gallery, email) located at the top of the panel. 
  3. Tap Open in split screen view.
  4. From the Recent apps screen tap the second application to be viewed. 
    Note When on, tap the Recent apps icon (lower-left) to change the current app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Even easier -- for some reason I was thinking a long press was required in your step 3 when I originally responded. Thanks for clarifying.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
useruEZOFZ3V18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can you give more details on how to return the old feature for multiple screens? It was working fine. Don't know why Samsung changed it
usersU0ZLNIAVV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sometimes after holding the app icon from the resent apps these two options disappear and i only have app info and lock app ? 

0 Likes
gotzaDroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

With the updated goodlock in the galaxy store, there is a plugin that brings back all the old, extra split screen features with some new ones as well. 

userCPXkX7S5xn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here

0 Likes