cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0sS3DJOEXN
Constellation

Spotify stopping when phone screen turns off

Why is it that spotify stops playing after my phone screen turns off after about 10 seconds? I've made sure that all the data and wifi options are on and made availabe for background usage for Spotify. I am sure that I never used to have this problem. It only happens when I'm not listening to offline mode so it's definitely a data/wifi issue. But after having made sure all the 'allow background data' options are on...the problem persists. Even now, with my phone locked, on WIFI at my house, it stops...like what! Samsung! FIX IT! Pretty over these subtle yet ridiculous fails of the s9.

I really don't want to leave my phone unlocked just to listen to music with the screen on as the battery dies alot quicker. 

Someone help please...it is absolutley frustrating to have to pull my phone out and unlock it everytime this happens...not to mention when you're seriously grooving to a track and then it just cuts out. Mega. Frustration

4 REPLIES 4
CMarco
Halo

Re: Spotify stopping when phone screen turns off

used to happen to me when i closed all background apps. what i did was lock the app in the app switcher. also disable any battery saver.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@user0sS3DJOEXN

Have you checked to make sure it is not optimized.

Open system settings/apps and open the advanced menu by selecting the menu icon at the top right corner of the page. On the menu select special access. At the top of the list select optomize battery usage. On the page that opens look for spotify. If it's not on the list tap apps not optimized at the top of the page and select all. Type in the search for spotify and turn the switch off. This should allow it to run in the background when the screen times out and locks.

CLF 

user0sS3DJOEXN
Constellation

Sweet found this option and will test further. I thought it was a data issue and didn't think about the battery at all.

Thanks! 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Ensure that Spotify is not being battery optimized. To remove Spotify from battery optimization:

1. Press on the app icon until the pop up menu appears. Select "App info"
  2. Click on Battery
  3. Look under "Optimize battery usage". If it says "Optimizing battery usage", the battery optimization algorithm could be pausing your media.
  4. Click on "Optimize battery usage"
  5. From the drop down menu, select "All"
  6. Find Spotify in the list and move the switch to the left to disable battery optimization.