JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to remove sticker icon?

(Topic created: 02-23-2019 01:53 PM)
userF3yCBcNma7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How can I remove the sticker icon that is left of the send button on the messaging app? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @userF3yCBcNma7, unfortunately this option is not removable with the stock messaging app. I would recommend downloading a third party messaging app such as Google's Android Messages app. Hopefully this will become an option for you to disable it.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

14 Replies
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userF3yCBcNma7 What device are you using?

0 Likes
userF3yCBcNma7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S9

0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @userF3yCBcNma7, unfortunately this option is not removable with the stock messaging app. I would recommend downloading a third party messaging app such as Google's Android Messages app. Hopefully this will become an option for you to disable it.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
JTW1982
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This, along with ALL, messaging features should be optional... period! It is an annoying icon that just gets in the way and I don't appreciate having it forced into my message input area. There is no excuse in not having the option to remove it or change it to a different feature, it's just lazy programming and coding. If I wanted a child's texting feature to be forced on me I'd buy an iPhone.
userbtnXCXsbfg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ditto!  I hate that STUPID sticker icon, and I will NEVER use those stupid stickers.  Absurd that it cannot be removed.

JosephEmeryPrank
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed.  Often when I click on the text box to start texting I accidentally hit the sticker icon and get all this kids nonsense.

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
sanzfrancisco
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey Rydah,

I don't see anywhere to accept your solution.  Care to help??

janice

0 Likes
userejatUex6oD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Instead of instructing your customers to use a different app, be a good "ambassador" and instruct samsung to fix their app.