cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhDC05D4XWE
Asteroid

Re: Storage Space "Other" Filling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please, mark a reply about trash bin as solution. Because it is the actual solution to the question asked, not using device care. Device care doesn't clean the trash bin.

yahyan
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, i have a50 and i opened my files,  selected all files even hidden ones and it was 40GB but my storage shows 75GB used.

It doesn't make any sense.

i deeply searched storage, i mean with anything u can imagine but i have no idea what is that 35GB used space.

nothing works. it only can be fixed when you reset your device to factory setting.

searched the entire web to find one thing to fix that problem but again failed.

that solution mentioned above is useless too.

in this company no one has none idea about what's going on here? nobody?

I almost forgot, i connected my phone to laptop and searched again, but i couldn't find what is the problem.

so if anyone in Samsung company can answer this please let us know. thank u.

EBonello
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, unfortunatley, I believe the Factory Reset is the only solution. All other suggestions just make a minor impact to the large storage use. Wonder if this is some sort of phone virus that can only be remedied through factory reset.

Highlighted
AtokaZhimo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my Samsun A70 and fixed it with this. 

I had enabled Automatic call recorder which was inbuilt. Found that the recorded calls were consuming 100 GB of data in just few days due to the type of file. I deleted all the recorded calls and disabled automatic call recorder. 

Let me know if this helps.

userd1468BJpoy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it's a little more to it than just going to device care and clicking optimize. The following may help in determining what is eating up a large chunk of storage and options for how to remove a specific item or reroute its storage location. If you start in device care under settings, you might see 3 options labeled, battery, storage, and memory. If you click on the storage icon it will bring up another list which brakes down your storage a little more into 6 groups. One of those groups will be Apps. This is probably the bulk of the data that you might see under "other" when you are trying to see where all your space is going. All your apps and the data within those apps are considered "Other". Some examples might be adobe acrobat reader and all the PDF's associated with it, or text messaging apps and all the photos and gifs, videos, etc. that have been sent or received. If you look down the list you might be surprised by just how much data is consumed by some of these apps. At this point you can decide to delete the app you really don't need or use anymore, or the other option you have can be to relocate a specific apps storage to the SD card. To do this, go to the menu bar at the top of the storage screen. ( this would be the screen you see after you clicked the storage icon when you were in the device care screen.) next, go to storage settings. Click internal storage. Here you should see an additional rundown of your storage usage. look for "Other Apps" and click. You should see a list of all your apps and just how much space each is taking up. Here you can click on any app you want to change its storage location. When you click on an app you will see an even deeper breakdown of its data. If you notice where is says storage used, you have a button that says change. If you click the change button you will get a choice of saving to internal storage or SD card. Just click the one you want. After that, you might see a disclaimer stating that it will transfer your data to the SD card and you should not remove your sd card till the transfer is complete. From here you should be able to back out of these setting and continue to use your phone as usual. Hope this helps.

Samsung_1UpGQJA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

sounds good to me

Samsung_QrMiA6t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, my internal storage was full amd I deleted files to think that it would help but at the end of the day it filled up by itself again and so I went to my settings app> device care> storage> advanced> internal storage> other apps and then I saw that my Samsung members app was taking up a whole 20 gb of storage so I cleared data and cache but I kept the app to see if it will start gaining data again and if it does then I'll uninstall it. 

@userjXvkGV2pMP wrote:

I have had my Galaxy S9+ for close to a year now, and a few months ago I was notified that my storage space was almost full.  It was very difficult for me to believe this, as I do not have nearly enough pictures to be taking that up (pictures and videos are routinely uploaded to Google Drive/Onedrive and deleted from the phone's internal storage), and all of my music is loaded onto an SD card.  Looking at the storage analysis, the problem seems to come from a large amount of space being taken up in the "other" category, but I cannot figure out what is categorized under "other" or why it is filling

user628qtm2e8F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, 32Gb and within the past 4 days all available memory has been consumed. Like you, I finally tracked it down to the Samsung Members app that was using 10.9Gb, continually spilling to consume any memory freed up by uninstalling apps or clearing data. I deleted the app as I had no intention of every using it. Personally I find it interesting someone else has the same memory spill issue with this Samsung app or what made the app "go rogue" in the first place.

user3j17Twtsfc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had the same problem. I saw that over a week, I lost 18G of space. Today,  i saw the samsung members app was using about 27.5G of space. I uninstalled it and called samsung.