cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Storage full

Hi guys, can you help me. I dont understand my in my storgae I have full, but 50gb are used somewhere in others. I did everything, deleted cache, moved photos to SD, moved half apps to sd, checked hidded apps, and I dont understand how come my storage is full every second day, if I am not downloading anything and almost everything is on SD card.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Storage full

Try going into settings> device care> storage> this will show everything on your phone to delete accordingly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I did it, it did not help, there are 50gb which are missing. If i sum everything up, there are 50 gb which are missing but full

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend factory resetting your device, make sure you back up your data prior to doing so. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userkEaQ6T8MtS

As @SamsungLarry suggested use device care storage. Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the page and select storage settings and then select others. Tap the 3 vertical dots and select show system apps. You'll see every system app and the apps you have installed. Mine is currently using 10 gbs of storage. I only have a handful of third party apps installed so your probably looking for something that's using around 30 gbs of storage space. It could be a third party app saving a large amount data files etc. Gear apps for example have been know to do this. Or a large number of cache files. You should be able to spot something in there using that much storage. It wouldn't hurt to use my files internal storage to try and track down the app that's used so much storage. I found one in the android folder a few months ago. I long pressed on a few folders in there and tap the info icon. It shows how much storage space is used in the folder and its subfolders. 

CLF 

T-mobile

Android 9.0 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Sounds like there may be files saved in the root of the phone. Try opening my files and then tap on phone. If you can list what is there we can rule that out.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Oh, if it is in root of phone factory reset will not help.