cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Stuck in 3g after latest update!

I know there have been issues with the latest update in different ways. I also read folks in the S9 have this issue. Mine is the S9 plus and it is also stuck in 3g. This began immediately after I downloaded the update. None of the tricks online did anything including a factory reset so I'm thinking that's a misnomer. It didn't reset it to factory. Anyone get any satisfaction from Samsung yet? It is obviously their fault.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Stuck in 3g after latest update!

S9 stuck on 3G after security update as well. Boost Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Re: Stuck in 3g after latest update!

I got in touch with samsung on online chat and he told me they are working on an uldate to fix bugs they hope to be ready next week. He told me to check settings for the update every so often to see it its ready. just fyi
Highlighted
Asteroid

I got mine to stay on LTE by downloading an app called ForceLTE this gives you the radio statistics menu that you should get when you key in *#*#4636#*#* but Boost Mobile has that function disabled. The phone stays in LTE when you select "LTE only" then cycle airplane mode off/on. This is only a workaround though because you will still have to switch back to "automatic" to make or receive calls. This bug is effecting the S8 as well, there were 2 that came into the Boost store with the same issue when I was there.

Highlighted

I wonder if this is only with Boost customers? I am with boost as well. At any rate, I can be patient as long as I know they are working on it. I acknowledge we are all human and make mistakes, as long as they admit it and attempt to fix it. The rep I spoke to admitted it was an update error and they were working on a fix.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Im having the same issue, however neither boost nor samsung admitted the issue. both claimed the network in my are are good and that its the others co issue, boost vs samsung. two days 3:46 minutes of boh boost tevh and samsung tech issue continues.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My s9  also is stuck on 3g i switch to a new S9 and it's the same nonsense after the update 

Highlighted

supposedly Samsung is currently working on a new update that should be ready next week. they advised me to go to setting every so often to check to see if one was available. we shall see I guess.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue have done eveything and still no luck - stuck on 3G with Boost Mobile - no help from Samsung/Boost

I think I will buy  a different brand phone and go with another provider. If they don't care to help then why give them our money?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung better make this right fast,  I've loved their phones for years,  I'd hate to find another brand..