cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Switched from iPhone to S9

Hey, 

For meeting there are several different options available. Prior to the meeting we can swipe down on the home page to pull down the quick access panel. Tap on the do not disturb icon and that will silence incoming calls. Long press on the do not disturb icon and it will open the settings and configurations menu. Lots of good options in there. 

We can also turn on easy mute. If you place the phone face down on the conference table it will automatically silence incoming calls. I don't know if this works if the phone is in a pocket facing inward. When you sit down the phone would be faced down.

We can always pull down the quick access menu and Tap the volume icon once for vibration mode or tap it again for mute mode.

You can edit the button order for the quick access panel and move the volume and do not disturb icons up to the first row so you don't have to fully open the quick access panel. 

Edit:   I have not tested this during incoming calls yet. Use the Bixby button single press option to execute a quick command that sets the ringtone volume to 0 or to change the sound mode to mute. 

CLF 

useraJlcM8F12z
Asteroid

Thank you. I think what I need to get used to is customizing things on my own. Apple has a fairly rigid design which I liked, typical for Apple users like me. But I can see where some people like the ability to customize, typical for PC users.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

I open settings/lock screen and scroll down to notifications and tap on the left side to open the settings panel. Style can be brief, icons only and detailed.

We can turn the screen on without touching it by turning on lift to wake or easy screen turn on. 

I have the style set for brief and I use easy screen turn. After the screen is on I swipe down on the message and it displays the entire message without unlocking the phone. We can also tap reply and use our fingerprint to unlock the phone and open that particular message app conversion and reply.

There's also an app I think it's called good lock that has a plug in that lets us add app shortcuts to the bottom of the page with the phone and camera app. Looks like a dock with 5 icons. I'm not 100% sure on that one. 

CLF