JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

T-Mobile and Carrier Variants vs Unlocked

(Topic created: 03-01-2018 01:14 AM)
thejr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello - I was wondering if the carrier branded variants listed on Samsungs Reserve and Order Site will be unlocked models or actual branded devices that will receive the same firmware as the carriers. I am looking to purchase the T-Mobile S9 and my concern is if this device ordered directly from Samsung will be branded with the same features and functionality as if I purchased the device from the T-Mobile store, or will it be a truly unlocked device? I would prefer to purchase an S9 with the T-Mobile features, where as I was only given the opporuntiy to purchase my S8 Unlocked and it is missing a few features than the carrier version.

Thank you so much! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@thejr

If they are listed on our samsung.com website as unlocked, they will be factory unlocked. Only the models on our website that have carrier branding, IE T-Mobile and ect. Will have the carrier software. If you buy a T mobile branded device from our site, it will have the carrier software.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@thejr

If they are listed on our samsung.com website as unlocked, they will be factory unlocked. Only the models on our website that have carrier branding, IE T-Mobile and ect. Will have the carrier software. If you buy a T mobile branded device from our site, it will have the carrier software.

userHlzvegc9Am
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I bought the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy Note 8 from the Samsung Website. I will be traveling internationally for an extended period, and tried to carrier-unlock it through T-mobile's app and it didn't work.

T-mobile's customer service said that it should already be unlocked since I bought this directly from Samsung. So can I just pop in a different carrier SIM (I'm planning on getting an Orange SIM in France) and it should just work?

0 Likes
TomfromCali
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It won't work .I'm having a horrible experience trying to unlock my Tmobile note 9 bought from Samsung.com. Samsung won't unlock it. Tmobile says it's not in their system to unlock. I'm totally fed up.

0 Likes
userm65ChZTak1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I could help u

0 Likes
userunKVHXw7Yj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can try to contact t-mobile's customer support team via Twitter. They did unlock my s8 and s9. My s9 got unlocked within one day.

0 Likes
J SHEP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They have a Device Unlock app.

Also, if using different SIM or carrier, etc. I suggest looking at changing your APN settings if you are still having issues.

0 Likes
userJUWsKmnNkV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
how did you do to unlock it? I'm having the same problem, can you help me?
0 Likes
user35PiM8OH1B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have T-Mobile, unless you have a very old plan, T-Mobile worked in Paris, Amsteram, Taiwan and Thailand for us.

0 Likes