cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

T-mobile App Selector App

Hey, 

In case someone notices this new app. 

I opened system settings/apps and saw a strange app I've never seen before. It's called app selector.

There is no information attached to this app that indicates where it came from. No notification that it has been installed or who installed it. I opened its permissions and saw that it referenced T-mobile pr adapt. I found their website page that describes what it does. 

It seems to be a legitimate app installed by T-mobile. I just don't like the way they went about installing it without my knowledge.

Best regards, 

CLF 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: T-mobile App Selector App

I found your threat by searching the same thing. Here is what I learned. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/t-mobile-appselector

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: T-mobile App Selector App

Hey, 

@Dog6Bravo

Thanks. That's exactly the one I read. Strange my galaxy S9 is not on the compatible device list. Sounds like it is now part of the phone setup process. 

It has the option to uninstall it. It's not using any battery or mobile data but it is sending and receiving data using the wifi network. Memory usage is minimal. 

I always factory data reset a day or two after a major system update like Android 10 so I might wait until after that just to see if it actually does anything during the phone setup process. 

Thanks again, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019