JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text Message Scheduling

(Topic created: 03-15-2018 04:19 AM)
busypupmom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is no longer an option to schedule a text message to be sent in the Galaxy S9.  Why was this removed?  Please put it back in.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
76 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello there, the way to schedule messages has moved. If you tap on the + sign beside where you would type out your messages you will see the option for scheduling.

Screenshot_20191127-115951_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20191127-115946_Messages.jpg

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Lippyjimmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for the help on this one. I rely on that schedule function quite often. The only thing I might like to know is why I only just got the update that changed this feature in early December, and I noticed this post is dated April 2019. Samsung makes me crazy, lol. 

Thanks again

0 Likes
userwK4CmVagAw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I do this there still is no option to schedule the text. 

@Mozes316 wrote:

Write message like normal in the SMS app and then press the “+" sign to the left of the text field. It will open up more options. Select the 3 dots toward the right side and you should see" Schedule message" option and you should be fine from there.  👍🏾

0 Likes
userwK4CmVagAw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Never mind,  I found it.   Thank you 

0 Likes
userQj2hYe0qZE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I thought this option was just GONE! Thanks for the tip. I've had my Galaxy S9 for over a year, and really missed the option to schedule my messages. 

0 Likes
userFGNbIIK5NJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have no  "+" sign on the left hand side on the text box. dots at top allow Delete message, Notification type, Block contact, Shared content, Add recipients and my user icon. Dots at top of keyboard offers Auto replace on/off option. Galaxy S8 with latest update. 

0 Likes
Members_lJclA3V
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has definitely been changed on my S10e, and not for the better.  Above solution works but with a twist.  First, you have to hit the > sign to the left of the text field to get the + sign to show.  Then instead of the 3 dot menu, there's a big blue Icon labeled Schedule Message mixed with other icons like Quick, Image, Calendar, etc.  Glad it's there, but what a stupid change!  Was far better when it was on the upper right Kabob menu (developer name for 3 dot menu).

0 Likes
user3MbtIzOkqd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This doesn't work for me on my note 8. When I follow these steps out just gives me the option to add more GIFs or stickers. Why make such a useful feature so difficult to find?

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userg0nvRDM5Vp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Perfect... I've been scratching my head for a few weeks on this without resorting to google.. glad I finally did. Thanks

0 Likes