cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersYchfAHEld
Asteroid

Text Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All of a sudden I am unable to send or receive text messages.  I switched from an Apple and texting worked and then about 1 week ago my messages won't send and I can't receive.   I haven't changed anything, to my knowledge.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Text Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersYchfAHEld wrote:

Ok I tried all that, tracphone was not selected so I clicked it and still nothing  I even did the reset default.  Should I restart again?

Normally your carrier's APN(access point name) should be selected.  Try restaring, why not.

For example I have T-Mobile and that name is selected. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

usersYchfAHEld
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I check if it's in safe mode?  Samsung is TOTALLY new to me.  Thanks for assisting!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersYchfAHEld wrote:

All of a sudden I am unable to send or receive text messages.  I switched from an Apple and texting worked and then about 1 week ago my messages won't send and I can't receive.   I haven't changed anything, to my knowledge.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Did you disable iMessage on your iPhone when you started using Android?

What is your carrier?

Your model of S9?

usersYchfAHEld
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I didn't disable on the iPhone but the Samsung texting worked once I got the Samsung up and running, it started happening 2 days ago and I've had the phone about 3 weeks.  At first I was getting text messages from some of my contacts and then I don't get any at all.  I use StraightTalk for service.  Model SM-G960U1.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersYchfAHEld wrote:

No, I didn't disable on the iPhone but the Samsung texting worked once I got the Samsung up and running, it started happening 2 days ago and I've had the phone about 3 weeks.  At first I was getting text messages from some of my contacts and then I don't get any at all.  I use StraightTalk for service.  Model SM-G960U1.

It is advisable to turn iMessage off.  If you have your iPhone you can do it through the phone.  If not: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Once you do this, then we can troubleshoot more

usersYchfAHEld
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much!  I have my iPhone but it's at home.  I tried getting a code but...I can't get the text message, LOL.  I will do it when I get off work and will let you know.  THANK YOU so much!!!!!  

usersYchfAHEld
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I turned it off the iphone and sent a test on samsung and not working. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersYchfAHEld wrote:

Ok I turned it off the iphone and sent a test on samsung and not working. 

Restart your device and try this:

APN reset:

If you want to check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can alternatively tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults. 

usersYchfAHEld
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I tried all that, tracphone was not selected so I clicked it and still nothing  I even did the reset default.  Should I restart again?