JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text message lock feature?

(Topic created: 04-19-2018 10:06 AM)
Nebebo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just switched from a galaxy s7 edge to the s9+ and one feature I miss is the option to Press and hold a text and give an optio6to "lock" the message from deletion.   I can't seem to find this feature anywhere.  Any one know how to add it back?

19 Replies
Solution
KriptikChicken
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is now known as 'star message', however like the S7 Edge, it only locks the 'sub' selection of the message, not the entire message in on move.

Nebebo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. 

It worked. 

I just assumed that the star feature was like it is in emails where it moves it to a priority 

user3aXm4gVK21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The star feature is not protected.  When you delete your messages, starred messages also delete.  So it is not the same as the lock protection. I'm annoyed at its loss.

userhN1rIxoZBb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Make sure you DO NOT tick 'Include starred messages'

0 Likes
userUJJXfOlw5q
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly! I'm so annoyed that you upgrade to these new phones just to find out that the features that you have become used to are no longer available, especially after you reach the deadline to return it!

PADaugherty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree.

The little things are what has kept me Samsung loyal.

Removing these things and including the Bixby button right where my fingers sit on my phone are about to make me go iPhone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm already in the process of doing that, just trying to find a buyer for my new 9+. I've been with Samsung since the S model 2010 and have upgraded every year. I'm done, they have gone to far with not allowing Bixby to be disabled let alone reassign it for another function, plus can't save text messages to the SD card and then the way they so totally messed the UI up. I could go on but it's a futile effort to get their attention to let them know that Apple with their quirks would be easier to deal with.

userR4M2vzsTzE:   

Update 6/25/19

Bwahahaha, even with this site I have issues, I cannot reply to anything. I have to go back and do an update on my own post. Always get error: Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested., when I try to post on any Samsung user post.

If you are going to update which I would put off as along as possible, get ready to reset your phone to factory reset. I didn't and it caused me more grief than you can think of. While I was waiting for my friend to update her iPhone, I sold my S9+ and bought an unlocked S10e and it has not been fun. As soon as she's ready I will be getting the 10XS Max with her. I will have to wait for another two month. It will be worth the wait. I just got rid of two new Samsung TV's. Bought one TLC and one Vizio. I'm done!!!! Good luck. It's pretty bad when you can't even post on a forum you're a member of. Oh, the Samsung TV's have so much junk on there I had to by two Roku Sticks + to bypass their lousy hub they shove down your throat!!

usereE2NbdhvIO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bye! Enjoy your locked down iJunk and paying out the wazoo for features that are free everywhere else. 

0 Likes
PersonalFitness3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just checked and after I clicked "Star Message" after long press on a message, it added a small yellow 'star' (instead of a padlock) next to the message. THEN I immediately tried to delete it and it asked me IF I wanted to include the starred message. So in actuality, I think it DOES protect the messages like before, it's just highlighted with a little bright yellow star.