JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text message lock feature?

(Topic created: 03-25-2018 06:58 AM)
Nebebo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just switched from a galaxy s7 edge to the s9+ and one feature I miss is the option to Press and hold a text and give an optio6to "lock" the message from deletion.   I can't seem to find this feature anywhere.  Any one know how to add it back?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
userR4M2vzsTzE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok i hope this is true. Im trying to find the answer with my Note 8 upgrade to android 9 pie? Anyone also know why notification on voicemail doesn't show on a unlocked no bloatware Note 8? No number by widget of voicemail when messages left?

0 Likes
userA0LYxWY2Gl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wish I had an answer for you, but all I can add is that this latest update.  And graphics look like they were designed by a 5-year-old. Been with Samsung since flip phones, but Apple is looking better every day...

userX49jYuFt6a
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I need it back too! I save important data that I can't remember numbers later on. It is an important feature I can not be without. 😞

@user3aXm4gVK21 wrote:

The star feature is not protected.  When you delete your messages, starred messages also delete.  So it is not the same as the lock protection. I'm annoyed at its loss.

0 Likes
userJQjACL3Jrm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where do you find this star message

usernfu6sYhuA0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Long press on the message you want to lock,  that pulls up a task list.  Select "star message", that locks it

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for providing that information!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Legallybrunette
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow this thread was incredibly helpful! I literally Googled how to lock a message on my Note 9 and this was actually at the top of the list! I am a little disappointed that you have to go through and individually * select messages you wanted to keep versus just starring the entire string of messages and keep the whole string. But it is good to know that I can keep select messages and delete the rest of the string as an option. 

userpsdX8vs2hQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the Samsung S8+ ... been with Samsung for years - as it seems many of you have too! I'm really annoyed that the 'UPdates' have caused so many issues and taken away some too! Why "fix" something that works fine...???!

I've always loved the fact I could lock a text message. At the moment I can 'star' a message but it still deletes it ... even though I've tried the suggestions people have successfully tried on here. 

When I hit delete I don't get anything asking if I want to include starred messages .... any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks in advance!!

sam_i_am
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How just copying the important text over to your Samsung or Google Notes? Seems simple enough. I have to work and deal with numbers and data info constantly and do it. Had to do it a few times to get used to it. Just a thought

0 Likes
gravinagirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just switched from a note7 to a note 20. there is no "lock" selection in the text options. is there something I'm missing in this upgrade of technology and price???
0 Likes