cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veevs
Asteroid

Text messages from myself, messages not being marked as read when sending in notification bar

I have an S9+ on T-Mobile.

Ever since the Android Pie Beta (and even now the full release) I've noticed that replying in the notification bar for a text message doesn't mark your message and read and clear the notification bar like it did in Oreo. It also shows your reply, which I personally don't care to see because I have JUST replied and I know what I said.

Everytime I reply to a text using the notification bar, the message doesn't clear. I have to physically navigate to messages and view the text to clear it. If I don't, when I lock my phone and look at my lockscreen it displays that I have a new message from myself which will just be the reply to the previous text.

Most of the time the text from "me" shows up silently but it has triggered my text notification new message sound sometimes.

I have sent multiple screenshots to Samsung during the beta and they just told me that they couldn't replicate this issue even though now that Pie is out this is still happenening to me. I'm not sure how to disable getting these messages from myself seeing how this did not happen in Oreo. The only other thing that I tried was to block myself in contacts to see if the messages from me would stop but they still popped up.

This is very annoying because I keep thinking I have a new message but it is just "me".

I will attach screenshots to this post in case my ramblings don't make any sense.

Is this happening to anyone else or am I alone in this?

Screenshots are in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2FLqs-tlKbDU6Y9XuB9x1F6AntTY3-mT-WAgWpAOSc/edit?usp=sharing

22 REPLIES 22
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Text messages from myself, messages not being marked as read when sending in notification bar

Hello there, have you already tried any troubleshooting steps?

Veevs
Asteroid

Re: Text messages from myself, messages not being marked as read when sending in notification bar

Trying to block myself in contacts was the only thing I've tried. I know factory reset doesn't work because I have done that before as well.

JenBug
Asteroid

This is happening to me too, it's awful. Especially since I have to clear it on my phone and my fitbit. How can we make it function like it did in Oreo? I don't need the capability of responding more than once in the notification bar, I want it to clear the notification once I reply, like it used to

JenBug
Asteroid

@SamsungJace any option to turn this off yet??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

At this time, there is currently not a way to disable that built-in pie feature and are unable to speculate about future releases.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Red Giant

it is a google pie os concept. samething for pixel.

Veevs
Asteroid

I don't understand why on ANY OS you would want to recieve text messages from yourself.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen if your device is in safe mode?

Veevs
Asteroid

Yes.